Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• Ok, no probs. I’ll have a listen and see if there are other tunes that have a simple bass part!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Times Like These (Foo's) for me please. Lead Gtr and backing vocals. Not sure who's drumming, but this is in 7/4 so let me know if you'd rather I picked something diff.. :)

Si

• Ok, how about bass on “you shook me all night long” then?. I might manage that.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    edited January 2019
    @lovestrat74 you mentioned you and jr on hey joe but wasn't sure if jr was guitarring or bassing; @McToot it's @mrkb s first refusal for which part but either you can rhythm if he is doing something else or maybe we can have a couple of run throughs. 

@soma1975 I am having to learn yellow bass but as someone who doesn't play bass and has only played twice with other people its still a big deal, hence why I shied away from Clapton : )

Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals Other
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975 Lovestrat74jr
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot Flanging-Fred
    Tone71
    Flanging-Fred Another Girl Another Plant - The Only Ones Flanging-Fred Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Sev112 Sev 112
    customkits
    grappagreen Times Like These - The Foo Fighters Grappagreen Grappagreen
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles
    McToot Two Princes - The Spin Doctors McToot
    Bridgehouse
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream McToot
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Soma 1975 Cream - Crossroads Soma1975 Lovestrat74 Lovestrat74jr
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Munckee Lovestrat74jr
    Poopot When The Curtain Falls - Greta Van Fleet Poopot Taken Taken

• Paul (the drummer) doesn’t do the 7/4 bit in “Times like These” when we do it in our band. I’m not sure if it’s because he can’t, or just chooses not to.  I’ll find out if he wants to try it.
  • I’m happy to jump in on “Rocks” or “I predict a riot” on guitar and BVs  if needed. Another staple in our band...
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Please can you film and post you asking a drummer if the reason they don't play Times Like These like on the record is because they can't? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hang on! I won’t be doing vocals on Anothet girl another planet.  I’d like to do the lead part also...

sorry, I probably wasn’t clear enough...
  • McToot said:

I can do rhythm on you shook me all night long too...
    Oi!  back of the queue, Jules. Already bagged that one!  ;)

Or we could do it twice.  :)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Hang on! I won’t be doing vocals on Anothet girl another planet.  I’d like to do the lead part also...

sorry, I probably wasn’t clear enough...
    Sorry Jules you have me all confused now, when you said the rhythm and the vocals aren't complicated you mean for other people because you want to play lead?
    McToot said:

Oi!  back of the queue, Jules. Already bagged that one!  ;)

Or we could do it twice.  :)
    That's technically my fault because you mentioned Malcolm's part and I am allergic to AC DC so didn't put your name in.  We can have two run through's if its a popular choice.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    @munckee - is there a chance to do All Night Long Lead? If so I'll get learning it!
    peteri said:
    @munckee - is there a chance to do All Night Long Lead? If so I'll get learning it!
    You're already down for it chief, it was your pick.  Begin the learning!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    munckee said:
    McToot said:

Oi!  back of the queue, Jules. Already bagged that one! 

Or we could do it twice. 
    That's technically my fault because you mentioned Malcolm's part and I am allergic to AC DC so didn't put your name in.  We can have two run through's if its a popular choice.
    Whatevs really. It's a song I (kind of) know, so happy to do it on the second run through. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    poopot said:
    Would love to do a sneaky run through of "when the curtain falls" by Greta van fleet... Have guitar, bass and drums... Just need someone to sing it! maybe @mrkb? you got up quite high on tush!.
    Got as far as the first word of the first line and failed..... no.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    It’s easier to do two runs through a fewer number of songs than pick loads of songs and spread it too thin (then if someone pulls out you don’t have to drop loads of songs as there’s cover).

Do hey joe twice, I’ll sing it on one of the runs if I can add some extra bits of rhythm guitar on the other.

For Rocks there’s no problem with having two guitarists, I might sing as well and I cant riff and sing. I’ll try to learn a passable version of the the solo, and we can do a couple of runs through it.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    munckee said:
    peteri said:
    You're already down for it chief, it was your pick.  Begin the learning!

Thanks - bloody caching!

Time to restring the Strat

I think I have a fair few backing tracks for the tunes listed - the older ones anyway. Been sticking crossroads into Reaper and setting it to 0.8 speed to get some muscle memory of various bits. If anyone wants them maybe drop me a pm with your email and I'll invite you to a shared dropbox folder or something. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • soma1975 said:
    I think I have a fair few backing tracks for the tunes listed - the older ones anyway. Been sticking crossroads into Reaper and setting it to 0.8 speed to get some muscle memory of various bits. If anyone wants them maybe drop me a pm with your email and I'll invite you to a shared dropbox folder or something. 
    Better stick to .8 as well  :o

If I remember they played this at quite a pace. Could slow it down to more of a Clapton pace or somewhere in between

Probably depends on how quickly the drummer wants to get it all over with by that point!