The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I seem to recall a Gilmour profile somewhere as a performance patch
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, tried them all and none of them sound great.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Remember a while back I said I had issues with sustain and 'feel'? I think I found what the issue was (as well as having the tailpiece on the Les Paul too high); at rehearsal last night, I adjusted the noise gate from 3.4 to 2.2. Massive difference to dynamics!
    I disable the noise gate completely, can’t abide the things
  • Great stuff, @FarleyUK I'll have a look at that too.

@sweepy, it's a pretty fecking good one on the Kemper though, to be fair.

Better than the Fractal one that’s for sure but unless you are using more gain  than is feasibly possible, then why not put the volume control at the end of the chain to cut the noise when not playing 
  • Fair one, can't say it's ever bothered me, using one, for the type of stuff I play.

Spoke to Dan about some Gower modded amp profiles - it's something he's thinking about as a possible thing for the future, so fingers crossed.....!
  • I wish i could profile well... I'd love to set up a company that profiles famous rigs working with the bands - say for example a band is in the studio recording a new album you could come in and profile the amps they are using in the studio and then sell them as an album package - 'So you heard 'X's' new album, now download the Kemper profiles!' - You could do the same for live shows - it would be awesome to profile Slash's 'Not in this Lifetime' rig and then millions would buy it! I'm surprised there aren't many artist associations with Kemper, and I don't mean users but artists that use proper amps that work with Kemper to capture their sound and sell it for some serious profit! There's a large user base out there and big names could charge top dollar for their profiles.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited January 2019
    Missed the editor announcement but it’s a great belated surprise!

If anyone wants to profile my Carol-Ann Tucana 3r I’d be more than happy to oblige. Profiling is a bit of a nightmare!
    Update from Andertons on allowing us to profile in store....

"Unfortunately we’re not going to be able to accommodate a profiling session in the store – for starters, we don’t have a room that sounds good enough to profile in (we’ve tried it before ourselves!) and secondly we have far too much footfall to be able to set aside an area of the store for an appointment without taking a hit on our business.

I’d recommend pooling together some cash and contacting one of the local recording studios (or even a well equipped rehearsal room) – you’ll get much better results and the benefit of an engineer who knows the room and will be able to help you out!"

Not unexpected, but good of them to at least reply!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's very kind of them to reply. Totally the resonse I expected...I'm crying laughing that you asked them if you could profile in store! haha.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Fair play Andertons, a completely fair reply.

Kudos to them

I wonder if they did it themselves would they piss of the manufactures? I can't imagine many amp companies approving of them profiling their amps to sell
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    joeyowen said:
    Fair play Andertons, a completely fair reply.

Kudos to them

I wonder if they did it themselves would they piss of the manufactures? I can't imagine many amp companies approving of them profiling their amps to sell
    That would be very bad form I’d say.
    edited February 2019
    FFS, getting lots of issues with the new beta FW.

In the last hour, I've had several DSP Communication errors. I'm using the looper and playing back a riff to level balance the patches; when I move between patches, sometimes it crashes, gives a high-pitched buzz and then crashes with a DSP Communication error.

Not feeling confident with this beta firmware, especially as I have a gig tomorrow. Think I'll be reverting to the last stable release.

EDIT: Can't revert to last stable release, as the new beta doesn't seem to want to format USB drives...... AAARGGH!!!
  • I'd post an issue on the Kemper forum.

I'd post an issue on the Kemper forum.
    Have done - the response so far is 'send a backup'. When I explained I cannot format a USB stick, they replied (in typical German fashion) with 'You don't have a Kemper formatted USB stick?'.

Just found my old 128GB Helix USB stick that DID manage to format OK. But now I get a 'Backup Failed' error....

FFS. It shouldn't be this difficult.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    FarleyUK said:
    FFS, getting lots of issues with the new beta FW.

In the last hour, I've had several DSP Communication errors. I'm using the looper and playing back a riff to level balance the patches; when I move between patches, sometimes it crashes, gives a high-pitched buzz and then crashes with a DSP Communication error.

Not feeling confident with this beta firmware, especially as I have a gig tomorrow. Think I'll be reverting to the last stable release.

EDIT: Can't revert to last stable release, as the new beta doesn't seem to want to format USB drives...... AAARGGH!!!
    You must have the Beta on a formatted USB stick.  Can't you just replace the Kaos.bin file on that stick with the last stable release using your computer?
    Managed to find my old formatted USB stick; currently downgrading to the latest stable release (5.2.2 I think).

Anyone else get the DSP Communication error?
  • What are peoples thoughts on headphones?

Lately I have been loving using headphones. I only had a pair of cheap Sennheiser HD201's at my disposal and they were very thin and weak sounding. I borrowed a pair of HD451s from work and that was the opposite - quite boomy and dark and not that neutral. I have however grown used to them and I love the sound so I'm desperate to get something more suited to the Kemper before my ear totally gets used to their colouring! I don't want to break the bank and spend more than £100 and I do like closed so I can use the transpose without hearing my strings. What are people using?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!