Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - Yamaha Revstar RS820CR

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The day after the night before. Woke up this morning and did the usual Sunday morning hour of noodling along with YouTube while Mrs G goes for her run.
    Also just had an hour or so knocking along with some cd’s.
    What a damn fine guitar I have here. Lots of great sounds and the dry switch gives some great tonal options too.
    It’s very comfy, has a great neck and the build quality is superb.
    Who needs an R8  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Always loved Yams and always fancied a Revstar.

I would definitely pull the trigger on an edge bound tobacco burst if they existed which I'm sure they don't. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wish they did the flamey one without the scratchplate. Otherwise lovely guitars.

• DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3756
    edited February 2019
    I was gonna make an offer for that before you stole my thunder and bought it!  angry 

Will have to keep my eyes peeled for another, as they seem like great value. Particularly tempted by the matte red finished ones...

Enjoy it! 
    Sorry about that. It's really very nice indeed. 

Given the way I swap and change guitars (apart from my telecaster), hang fire a few months and this one may be available. I have a very bad habit that is positively encouraged by membership of this very forum. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to own all the guitars I want at the same time so for something to come in, something has to go. A Gretsch 5125 went recently that allowed this purchase. 

Well I've just gone and blown all my cash on something else off the classifieds here, so will be a long while before I can save for anything else! I feel your pain with regards to this forum being bad for the bank balance... s
  • @Dontgiveupyourdayjob NGD thread to follow?
    This forum makes you do silly things. 
    I've never, ever found a Les Paul I could get on with (nearest I've come is a super light weight R7 a mate was considering a while back), but following the R8/R9 threads I found myself regretting the sale of my Studio. I even went as far as trying a few out in shops and watching a couple of for sale threads.

This Revstar gets me as close to the LP sound as I need, plus it's not massively heavy and the shape/ contouring make it very comfy on the strap. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    and what does Dave (@caspercaster) think to it Dave - sure you've had a visit, chat, butty and coffee to discuss it !!!!
  • @guitars4you I am not a Dave! I am a free man!

Not been over to Dave's yet, so I haven't had the chance to try it, but hopefully later this week.

Cheers, Jason  ;)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you I am not a Dave! I am a free man!

Not been over to Dave's yet, so I haven't had the chance to try it, but hopefully later this week.

Cheers, Jason  ;)
    sorry I meant Jason - typing to quick etc - Are you at the show this weekend (Formby) for a chat/catch-up
  • @guitars4you I shall report back when Jason has had chance to play and fully assess.
  • If you want a hard case for it, then the SKB double cut case fits fine, although you do have to squash down the polystyrene liner a few mm on each side where it meets the upper curve of the lower bout of the body. Here is my RS620 in its case. (I have upgraded my guitar with an ABM  brass bridge and Ibanez SureGrip knobs.)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Three-ColourSunburst that's a nice looking burst.
    Case looks good too.
    The gigbag that came with mine is fine though. I find I trend to use bags rather than cases for most gigs these days to reduce the number of trips to the car.