Surprisingly happy (iOS to Android move)

What's Hot
it wasn’t by choice...

My lad has been after a bigger iPhone than his SE and he has been really good so I thought I would sort it..

no acceptable deals so I gave him my X, AirPods and wireless charger = one very VERY happy boy (parenting bit over)

I used the SE for one day before I gave up so looked for deals.. found a decent one on the Huawei P20 Pro + GT Smartwatch... went for it and I must say (my last Android phone was a Samsung S2 when they first came out) its bloody good. Seems very stable, lightning quick and WOW to the camera. The watch is very good too for a £179.99 RRP smartwatch..

upset averted.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The P20 pro is excellent, very happy with mine after upgrading from p10 (shame no more micro sd expansion capabilities).

One disappointment, however, was the shutter lag when raw/full res pro mode.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    edited February 2019
    I'm delighted with this trend for phones getting bigger and bigger. Just like the old days.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Sassafras said:
    I'm delighted with this trend for phones getting bigger and bigger. Just like the old days.
    The people who can afford them are getting increasingly long-sighted...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    I love it when people realise that you can do just the same things on a free and open system that they sometimes assume is only available in the Apple Universe..... Plus occasionally, it's actually better, like the Leica cameras.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I too got a P20 Pro last year, having moved from Apple, and it's amazing and way more tweakable than any iPhone I've ever had.  I get around 2 days out of the battery when I'm working and would be using it more, and about 4 days when I'm not working and wouldnt be using it just as much.  Very impressive phone.  
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Yep, Android’s good. As is iOS, takes yer pick. There’s very little difference in functionality unless you’re a tinkerer, in which case it’s Android. The acid test is always when someone swaps and gets a nice surprise like you did. 

I like iOS, I like the way it mothers you - messing around with computers all day for a living does that though I guess :) The phones have got bloody dear though, so I’m back on Android and happy with it. 

I meet people in my in my job who apparently *can’t* use a different OS, and get weirdly adamant about it like not being able to use Windows 10 to write an email is some sort of badge of honour. 

Those Huawei phones are great, and the processors on the better ones are easily chunky enough to run the OS for years yet. 

Happy NPD!