Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’m not bothered about having beer funds either.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited February 2019

Also if that slacker @CustomPedalBoards puts his vodka down for long enough to ping you £40 then there'll only be a £35 deficit which we could cover by selling our bodies for cash outside the Cambridge.
    *If*

:)
  • LuttiS said:

Also if that slacker @CustomPedalBoards puts his vodka down for long enough to ping you £40 then there'll only be a £35 deficit which we could cover by selling our bodies for cash outside the Cambridge.
    *If*

heheheee well can i just pay you wif actual money, you know cash on the day like?
    I'd pay good money to watch ol martin pimp himself out on the streets of hudd....
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • Both of my +1s are to pay yet, so we're on track to land at or near the break even line. 

I've already paid Bob and drummer, so it's just a question of balancing out at the weekend. 

This wasn't meant to be a "look how out of pocket I am" ...I promised transparency, so I published the accounts 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Ditto for me on the beer fund. If it's there, it's nice, but if it isn't it's no great stress.  Also, my +1 is unlikely to be able to stay for the evening, so you can slide that fiver into general funds, I expect.
  • It's worth saying, that the club have agreed that every fiver I give them gives you two drinks vouchers. In reality, because it's a bowling club in Huddersfield and not a pretentious bar in Surrey, that will only save you 60p a drink on average. Of course, that doesn't stop me buying more vouchers than we need... if you get my meaning 

I'm sure I have no idea what you're saying, sir.
  • LuttiS said:

*If*

heheheee well can i just pay you wif actual money, you know cash on the day like?
    I'd pay good money to watch ol martin pimp himself out on the streets of hudd....
    I'm pretty sure there were a few ladies of loose morals hanging around the car park (and indeed the breakfast room) last time so I know who to ask for advice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    More than one of them were giving out plenty of free advice at high volume, from about 3 a.m. until 6 a.m.
  • Snags said:
    I'm saying we drank them dry by 10pm last time, and this time they'll have more beer, and there's fewer of us. 

There is a burden of responsibility on us, and the bar has been set. To (mis)quote the Bard:

"For god, England and St George, once more unto the breach dear friends. Let's get fucked up-eth!"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    I'm saying we drank them dry by 10pm last time, and this time they'll have more beer, and there's fewer of us. 

There is a burden of responsibility on us, and the bar has been set. To (mis)quote the Bard:

"For god, England and St George, once more unto the breach dear friends. Let's get fucked up-eth!"
    There's a small chance I may have not been being entirely serious …

But I applaud your highlighting the nature of social responsibility to the wider audience.
  • Snags said:

But I applaud your highlighting the nature of social responsibility to the wider audience.
    I got that... but I wanted to use that classic line to highlight that I'm a classy fucker

Snags said:

I got that... but I wanted to use that classic line to highlight that I'm a classy fucker
    Never in doubt. Never. In, Doubt.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Right. In the studio...what do we want to do for backline? Happy to chuck stuff in if needed.

I'll need one additional amp for the gig, preferably with emulated DI out as I'm running the Zoom r16 to record everything. 

For the gig, I'm supplying: 

Fender Bassbreaker 15
    Katana 100 (both with emulated out)
    The idea for these us that they'll be set on loud and clean, so you can put what you like in front. I'll have my HX Effects in front of the BB, and the GAFC connected to the Kat for delays and drives, but you can chuck a board in front if needed. 

I'd suggest we use the Kat on acoustic channel for the open mic, and have the DI out signal through the PA. 

Ashdown ABM 300 Bass amp with DI out

2 wireless mics on stands, with a TC Perform V for reverb/ delay on the main vocal mic, which has a push for talk button and a tap tempo and will be mounted to the mic stand. Also a tablet in case anyone wants lyrics. 

PA with sub, and 2 monitors, one in front and one next to the drums. 

I haven't decided on flashy lights, but it might be fun to have them up too and we'll all look like rockstars! I'll have them in the car anyway so we'll see.

@Sasquatch_Bob is kindly supplying drums and some drum mics, which should get us everything we need. 

• Snags said:

I intend to drink until I die. Or wish I had. Either will do.

Sunday will be fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @Legionreturns ; I'm planning on bringing a Blues Cube Artist.  It's got a Usb out and line out, although not played with either. Doesn't really do high gain (no shit) but will handle the classic rock stuff if it's of any use.
  • Snags said:
    @Legionreturns ; I'm planning on bringing a Blues Cube Artist.  It's got a Usb out and line out, although not played with either. Doesn't really do high gain (no shit) but will handle the classic rock stuff if it's of any use.
    That *sounds* like it would do fine, as long as we can chuck pedals into it. Do you know if the line out has cab emulation? 

• I've been working on 3 acoustic songs with my singing teacher. If I speed them up... Is that a possibility? Lol. 
  • I've been working on 3 acoustic songs with my singing teacher. If I speed them up... Is that a possibility? Lol. 
    I think I'm only gonna do 1, so maybe. It depends how many people want a slot. Probably fine mate :) 

• Thanks for supplying all that gear btw folks... :) :)