Dull and boring desk question

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
When you've finished gigging, do you reset all your faders to 0?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No mute all backup and turn off. It gives you some sort of starting point for next gig. One exception if I’m not the next engineer to use the desk then reset and 0 everything, why give away my experience! (If it’s a mate who’s going to use it next then may put some cross patches in just to keep them on their toes!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    In the days when I used a manual desk the case had a foam liner, and I had to zero the faders so that it would fit. I sometimes took a picture of the faders before I packed away to remind me for next time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    ... and it’s not dull and boring. These are the details which come from experience.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I do, but only because I roughly know where I'll need them the next night, and I'm paranoid about faders always left in one position becoming crackly. 

It might have nothing to do with it, but I don't think sweeping them all from top to bottom occasionally does any harm. 
  • Er, no. It's pointless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    At church we have a Yamaha LS9-32 which has many different groups of people using it.  When you click the reset button it takes you to the default setup that the guy who set it up stored on there.  You click reset at the beginning of your own session and it doesn't matter what anyone else has be playing around with you know you're good to go.  The default setup after a reset has all the volume faders at zero but the tone controls are all tweaked for each input.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Be seeing you.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    I do.  I label the channels on my Zoom Livetrak.  For the Mackie DL it's just to label the monitor outs.
  • Musicwolf said:
    I do.  I label the channels on my Zoom Livetrak.  For the Mackie DL it's just to label the monitor outs.
    Yup most of the desks I use are taped and labelled even the digital ones with small displays or no display
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • revsorg said:
    At church we have a Yamaha LS9-32 which has many different groups of people using it.  When you click the reset button it takes you to the default setup that the guy who set it up stored on there.  You click reset at the beginning of your own session and it doesn't matter what anyone else has be playing around with you know you're good to go.  The default setup after a reset has all the volume faders at zero but the tone controls are all tweaked for each input.
    Take anLS9 over an X32 any day of the week!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    revsorg said:
    Until somebody at the church accidentally learns how to set the default setting...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic