Update - 1 actual none demo track!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I really like the syncopated chromatic power chords on Surrounded By Shadows, so much that I sat down at the Wurli to figure them out.  Overall it’s a great track lots of energy in all the parts driven along by the many syncopations and stop-starts.  

In arrangement terms, the looping guitar riff in the left channel gets a bit repetitive after a while I’d like to hear it go away and come back a bit more to keep it fresh.  Also the later choruses could do with something to make them stand out from the verses - that could be adding a new part or just a mixing thing like expanding the stereo spread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    This is all qualify stuff I'll take into the studio in May, as that is one of the tracks I'll defo do.

Thanks all, it's a massive help 
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 202
    edited February 2019
    Enjoyed the "Lets talk about love" too. The melody and lyrics are really good, very 80's 'ish and it all hangs together well. Still not over struck with the drums, (though Lord knows I'm no drummer myself!) and I reckon this is a good number to multi track some vocals. On the subject of which, you have a very good voice for the tracks you have penned.  

3 down, not a dud yet. Bravo, Sir     
    Thanks man!

It's on the to do list to redo the drums on that,  I was really hoping for an electric kit as a birthday treat for myself, but it's looking less likely.  Can't complain, but I've drummed for years so it would have given a better 'feel' to the song.
    Blast from the past, but I'll plug.  I was in the studio about 6 months ago, and this is the lead track from it!
    I've dropped the other songs from the soundcloud page, and will probably only include high qual demos or studio work now.  The others weren't up to standard.

Let me know any thoughts, I'll happily take the criticism if I need to hear it.  I might be a bit too poppy for here, I'm not sure
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A Youtube link too, I couldn't decide which platform to use, so I used both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfWYmaEYmQw
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Loving that - well done! :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    Gadget said:
    Loving that - well done! :)
    Thanks!