Replicate my pedal board in Reaper

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    My amp is in for repair at the moment, so I'm back to trying to get a good sound by putting my pedals into Reaper. I've tried a lot of the free amp sims mentioned above, but not having that much luck. Seem to get quite an artificial sound. Perhaps I'm just not doing it right. Using the free Guitar Rig, this is what I see:  

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    I'm messing around with this sort of stuff myself at the moment.
    I got a Mooer Radar, which is a pedal form power amp / impulse response sim, I wasnt sure how it would work so i tried this---
    I use a splitter ( ABY) box, guitar into splitter, which feeds- A- 5150 overdrive into Mooer, into input one on a focusrite scarlett--into one track in Reaper---------------------B-DI into scarlett, into track 2 in Reaper.
    Therefore--I get DI track in Reaper, which has various plugins on it to emulate a guitar sound, basically, do a search for Ignite amps, and Lepou plugins, everything is available free, pedals such as tubescreamers, and various flavours of amps, from clean to super heavy, and Ignites Nadir, is an impulse loader that allows for stereo speaker sims, you'll need some free impulses-search for 7 deadly sins pack.
    So many options there, and as a bonus, I took the Mooer, and the 5150 to rehearsal, and tried to match my live amp--Marshall Code 50, with a preset that uses the Guvnor, with the pedals through the PA, came really close--for use as a backup / flyrig  setup for live use.
    All good fun, just needs time, which is something you cant buy.
    YMMV--good luck
    cheers
    andy k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    andy_k said:
    I'm messing around with this sort of stuff myself at the moment.
    I got a Mooer Radar, which is a pedal form power amp / impulse response sim, I wasnt sure how it would work so i tried this---
    I use a splitter ( ABY) box, guitar into splitter, which feeds- A- 5150 overdrive into Mooer, into input one on a focusrite scarlett--into one track in Reaper---------------------B-DI into scarlett, into track 2 in Reaper.
    Therefore--I get DI track in Reaper, which has various plugins on it to emulate a guitar sound, basically, do a search for Ignite amps, and Lepou plugins, everything is available free, pedals such as tubescreamers, and various flavours of amps, from clean to super heavy, and Ignites Nadir, is an impulse loader that allows for stereo speaker sims, you'll need some free impulses-search for 7 deadly sins pack.
    So many options there, and as a bonus, I took the Mooer, and the 5150 to rehearsal, and tried to match my live amp--Marshall Code 50, with a preset that uses the Guvnor, with the pedals through the PA, came really close--for use as a backup / flyrig  setup for live use.
    All good fun, just needs time, which is something you cant buy.
    YMMV--good luck
    cheers
    andy k
    Thanks, that's really useful. Was looking at the Mooer myself. Will try those plugins too - I've not found too many great ones so far!

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom