SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Oil City Pickups Stonetone Stratocaster Bridge Pickup - £25

What's Hot
PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
edited March 2019 in Parts £
From Oil City's website...

"Another popular Oil City Strat® pickup. This set is for those who want extra power without sacrificing the open, ‘Strattyness’ of lower wind pickups. Weighing in at 7.2k neck and middle and 8.4k bridge these kick your amp input stage just that bit harder without being muddy or nasal"

This particular one measures 9.96 ohms - no idea why. Bought these as part of a set but only needed the neck and middle pickups. Comes with a cream cover. Can't tell you what these sound like in the bridge position, but the neck and middle pickups have impressed me so much that both my HSS Strats have them fitted.

£25 PPG, postage included 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    PhilM said:
    Can't tell you what these sound like in the bridge position
    I have the customer order cancellation Diamond Geezer pickup from Ash's Autumn 2018 clearance sale. Its c.10k mode was pretty much bang on in my 2016 MIJ Sixties Stratocaster. The Stonetone should be equally good because, in the 10k mode, it is near as makes no difference identical.

Absolute bargain for somebody.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pm’d
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
    SOLD!