Has anyone tried the Jamie Harrison lessons?

What's Hot
CleckoClecko Frets: 295
I noticed some of this guy's playing referenced in past posts, but nothing about his online courses. They're not cheap at £30 per song (savings when buying bundles), but I stumbled across the video below after finding a great 'Mayerish' clean tone for my Helix and looking for some instruction on how to play a couple of his songs.

I'm not much a fan of John Mayer, but this rendition of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room is jaw-dropping. Has anyone learned songs from Jamie Harrison's lessons as I'm interested to hear whether he's as good at video teaching as he clearly is at playing?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    I actually play that version in the car - it really is exquisite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Looks like no one here has tried any of the Jamie Harrison lessons...?
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1012
    Clecko said:
    Looks like no one here has tried any of the Jamie Harrison lessons...?
    I am in same boat as you, £30 for one song seems a bit overpriced
    “Ken sent me.”
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    sorry but I dont even think that version is that good at all......try any of the numerous free lessons on you tube learn the track in its original form first. when you have that down then embellish/interpret away...I think hes a bit shit tbh
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Justinguitar has a very good lesson for that song - it’s free as well!
    I am in same boat as you, £30 for one song seems a bit overpriced
    Not sure it's overpriced - £30 isn't so much if it's a really well put-together lesson with high production values and if he teaches as well as he plays, but it would be useful for him to include a 5-10 minute sample of the video lesson.

mgaw said:
    sorry but I dont even think that version is that good at all......try any of the numerous free lessons on you tube learn the track in its original form first. when you have that down then embellish/interpret away...I think hes a bit shit tbh
    Really? I much prefer that rendition to the original song. Much more like the way it's played live, which is the only time I find John Mayer's music palatable.

Zoolooter said:
    Justinguitar has a very good lesson for that song - it’s free as well!

Thanks! I had taken a look at that already and it is good - esp. for free - but doesn't include all the sections and I really like the way Jamie Harrison plays it.  
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    @Clecko we all have our likes and dislikes, I just dont rate it at all sorry..you do seem very keen to promote it though:)
    mgaw said:
    @Clecko we all have our likes and dislikes, I just dont rate it at all sorry..you do seem very keen to promote it though:)
    Yes, I work in his marketing department.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdiAdi Frets: 331
    I don't know the guy and it's not particularly the music I'm interested in,  but I have to say, 30£ is not that much as long as the quality of the lesson is high. I've had quite a few face to face lessons for nearly as much money with various teachers just going through the tabs downloaded of the internet, I have learnt much(if anything ) that way.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I just get upset when I watch his videos, as I realise I’ll never be able to play and sound that good :s
  • Jcob2223Jcob2223 Frets: 0
    Yeah, I've bought his everything bundle, and I was not disappointed. I've been playing guitar for 2 years up to that point, however I wasn't very good. Still, Jamie's lessons are very easy to follow for me and super informative. You should for sure give his courses a try.
    I decided not to pull the trigger in the end. The model just didn't quite make sense to me without a trial.