The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Very disappointed to see Warner get runs today in the IPL.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Very disappointed to see Warner get runs today in the IPL.  
    yes shame that. Looking forward to the response he gets from the Edgbaston crowd this summer....
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited April 2019
    Hey up! I'm going to The Ashes! I've never been but have bought a couple of tickets to the first day of the 4th Test at Old Trafford. For annoying work reasons that's the only test I can get time off for, so I'm praying for a dry day on 4th September in Manchester.

I got seats at the front next to the rail so hoping to get chance to sledge some Aussie fielders as they dive to miss saving some England Fours as I wave my 4 sign at them!

I just need to find someone to go with me now as my wife has made it quite clear she's not interested...ungrateful pig.

Anyone else heading to the summer Ashes?

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096

Anyone else heading to the summer Ashes?
    Oh yes :)

https://i.imgur.com/Wj60edX.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    On county matters.... still loving the live streams. Somerset's game against Kent was splendid last week and today Surrey versus Essex has been good value. It's been over a year and a half since I had access to Sky's coverage and I'm not missing it one bit. 

Sad truth: 

Right now I have one laptop open for Surrey-Essex, the desktop open for coverage of Amen Corner from Augusta, the Chromebook open to type here, and I've got a Digitech GSP1101 on for noodling. 

Added the cricket channel to my Sky subscription for the summer and watched bits of each match so far except the rained off ODI at the Oval. Mickey mouse cricket until the Ashes starts on 1st August though, however, the ODI World Cup holds some interest. England are favourites at 12/5 on Betfair followed by India & Aus. 

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    That’s my only way to watch the cricket. £11 or whatever it is for the monthly subscription. Small price to pay if you’re an avid cricket lover. Yesterday’s game was entertaining, waiting for the ashes though. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    edited May 2019
    World Cup starts tomorrow, 48 ODI matches played everyday between tomorrow and 14th July! England are still favourites at 11/5 on Betfair but I'm not convinced. I reckon the Aussies could be in with a shout if they can get good run totals, a lot of this could come down to the skills of the death bowlers in those last overs, getting dot balls and choking the runs.

I'm going to try and watch/listen to as much as I can in-between work/life etc. Bring it on!

https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/fixtures

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    I haven;t actually checked, but is any of this available on free to view TV?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    Only on Sky Sports, or Now TV with a Sky Sports pass.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    VimFuego said:
    yeah, that's what I kinda thought. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    For all of our biff-bam batting I'm nervous of the fact that our bowlers seem to be getting tonked as well, albeit to a lesser extent.

If the batsmen fail then I'm not sure that recent evidence shhows we can keep it tight enough to defend a lower total.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    I'll watch some of it but I can't get too excited about it.  Roll on the Ashes.

How do we talk Cook into coming back.  Best opener in the country by a mile.  90 today after a first innings century.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to it. England will have one bad batting performance , we just need to hope they have it at the right time. 

I still fancy them to win. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    VimFuego said:
    VimFuego said:
    yeah, that's what I kinda thought. 
    Highlights on Channel 4.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Looking forward to this. England should do well, but having SA first up could be tricky. If they win it should settle them down, but if they lose the first match, it could be an uncomfortable WC...

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    That was quite the complete performance. Archer looks like the missing piece of the puzzle -- him and Wood in the same team are going to give some batters sleepless nights.