Rocksmith 2014 anybody?

What's Hot
I recently got this on PC and have set up for bass guitar.. I am finding it quite useful.. I wish there was a version for drums.

anyone else use it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    I like Rocksmith a lot - similarly, mostly for bass.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • KDSKDS Frets: 220
    Me and kids use it, great fun
  • I'm using it to learn guitar, or I was using it but I stopped playing for a few months since we had a fire and my amp stopped working. But for while I was using it, it was great... it kept me motivated to play a little bit pretty much every single day for 3 months straight. And before that I had my guitar sitting in a cupboard for 10 years.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Just got this and I am learning some awesome basslines. I downloaded the "unofficial" custom DLCs to get some Stevie Wonder and Pino Palladino material to learn. 

The Custom DLCs are abit hit or miss, but the bassline on stevie wonder's "isn't she lovely" is pretty darn accurate! 

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    Bought it years ago. Still haven’t played it. To be fair, I’ve still got about 50 games in shrink wrap waiting to be played...I don’t get much time...
    edited March 2019
    TheMarlin said:
    Bought it years ago. Still haven’t played it. To be fair, I’ve still got about 50 games in shrink wrap waiting to be played...I don’t get much time...
    You get to kill two birds with one stone! Practice guitar and play a video game.

To supplement rocksmith, I reckon that you should open a chord chart alongside rocksmith to know where you are in the song progression, instead of just learning the lines as dictated by the game.
  • ZukabakZukabak Frets: 19
    I think it's fantastic.. the 'Guitarcade' games are excellent for the practice side of it.. finding the notes on the frets without looking to shoot the ducks etc.

I still struggle to associate the string colours with the actual strings though.. constantly seem to find myself going 'Blue, is that the B string'?. *Missed Notes*... Arrgh, that's the green line!" etc.

The custom DLC is where it's at though, obviously there's a myriad of legal issues with it, but it's brilliant.
  • JoolsJools Frets: 22
    I got a copy on ebay with the cable for peanuts, plan was to use it for lead/riff practice but hadn't thought about using it for learning bass, interesting, just need a bass!
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 224
    edited May 2019
    It's a great concept, but I found the latency a real issue when playing faster or more intricate pieces.

Slash's Anastasia was a nightmare - can play it fine on any given day, but through Rocksmith the latency just makes it almost impossible.

As a result, I haven't picked up the game in about a year because it just frustrated me.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I play it on PC and really like it. I enjoy using the riff repeater most of all I think
    King85 said:
    I play it on PC and really like it. I enjoy using the riff repeater most of all I think
    I play the game almost solely on riff repeater. slow it down and play whichever section needs to be learned. I'll even play the full song on 100% speed on riff repeater as it automatically restarts when I get to the end of it and dont have to go through the scoring and menus to have another go. I find no value in having a machine score my attempt. 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited May 2019
    I wish you had the option to create your own segments though as they seem oddly chopped up in some songs. I also which there was the option to go above 100% speed too.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Might dig my copy out this weekend, got to repair the lead first though.  The official lead is a bit of a mare when it gets a break in it, not easy to cut back and fit a new jack.  Last time I repaired one I cut it back half way and added a length of quality cable, that makes jack replacement easier.  Unfortunately I lost that lead, and now the replacement one need repair,