Mooer GE-200

shaunyshaun1234shaunyshaun1234 Frets: 286
So purchased one of the above on Friday of last week and in typical Andertons style it turned up Saturday morning!! Instantly opened it and plugged in.

My modelling past includes the likes of a zoom g3, zoom g5 and a Yamaha dg stomp. This thing absolutely blows them out of the water modelling wise. The cleans are good but the high gain models are superb. The drives all seem a bit generic and mostly very similar and the rest if the effects are very usable.

I don't think the effects are as good as the g5 but the amp sims alone are worth the drop in effects quality for me being a (now) bedroom noodler. 

Couple of downsides are that the models don't seem all that responsive to the guitar volume but that's not really too bad. 

Also the aux in volume seems annoyingly quiet. Does anyone know how I could get this to be louder? I'm at max volume on my phone and can't see any settings in menus etc. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So I'm starting to dip my toes into the big wide world of impulse responses. . ... ... How the hell do I get them from my computer into the ge200?  
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 110
    edited April 2019
    This video should cover it I think (Google is your friend)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z01mynDOnhs
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    Try downloading a free Volume Booster app for your phone, it will add extra volume for you to use with aux in.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    edited April 2019
    If it's not very responsive to the guitar volume, have a look to see if the noise gate is on, my pet peeve, hateful things
  • Thanks for the comments folks! 

I've sorted the low input by making the patch volume lower and then turning up the volume of the whole unit!