Which Ditto Looper?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I'm thinking of purchasing a Ditto Looper and was wondering which one would be the best for my needs? I would like to use it with electric guitar as well as acoustic, I've noticed they do a Ditto Mic version, would that be more practical than a standard Ditto as I will be recording using Mic's? Also is there any reason to go for an X2 or X4? I don't want to get bogged down with too many buttons and such like so I guess I'm kind of answering my own question in that the standard or mic one would be best, what are your thoughts please?
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    I’d go X2 every time. Just the right amount of extra functionality but still easy to use. I love my X2
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I started with the regular single button one but found the X2 way easier to use with the extra button to stop loops rather than having to perfect the multiple foot taps with the single button one when I wanted to stop and erase - but then I'm using it 'live' as part of the songs so that's more important to me. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    edited April 2019
    zepp76 said:
    Also is there any reason to go for an X2 or X4?
    The X4's ability to synch two loops of different lengths is near-essential for some of the stuff I play. 
    E.g. You can build up a four bar loop of rhythmic elements and once that's going you can build a 32 bar loop of an evolving sequence. 
    Without the synch you would have to create the backing rhythm over 32 bars which would be totally impractical.
  • Toms_DadToms_Dad Frets: 168
    I don’t know whether you are used to using loopers or not, but there is a certain skill needed to get things like the timing right. A good idea might be to buy the small one and see how you get on with it. If you decide to upgrade later you will get most of you money back if you sell it on. I have the small one and like the simplicity I although I am only an occasional user.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Definitely takes a certain amount of practice to get the timing right, and in that respect I found the X2 easier to use, rather than getting used to double taps etc.

I suppose an advantage of the mic version is that it would come after everything else in your chain, including your amp, which might be of benefit? (assuming that when you say you'll be recording using mics, you'll be mic-ing your guitar amp)
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Thank you to you all for your advice, it looks like the X2 may be the way to go but I am also intrigued by the mic version. Choices, choices.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.