'68 CPR Overdrive?

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
I recently got a '68 Custom Princeton Reverb and it sounds really good. I'm just wondering what people would suggest for an overdrive with this amp? It's pretty bass heavy so something to add more treble/high mids would likely be best, no? Anyway, any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So bloody difficult to recommend an OD as there’s too many... but seriously my faves into a Princeton are a Boss SD-2 & Boss OD-1. The Boss OD-1 lacks bass but it’s superb at cutting through. Depending on your environment the Princeton with volume set 7-8, Boss OD-1 level very low and gain maxed gets me some incredible lead tones. On a different note the EQD Westwood looks interesting as it has both bass and treble EQ. 
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 734
    Timmy worked really well with mine (usually they don’t match so well with blackface amps). Rat worked brilliantly too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Best thing I have done with mine is change the speaker for a Jensen alnico. Sounds more like the 65 but still more punchy. 

I have a compressor a light overdrive just a boost really and then a tubescreamer. Strat TS Princeton is gods own guitar sound. 
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    munckee said:
    Best thing I have done with mine is change the speaker for a Jensen alnico. Sounds more like the 65 but still more punchy. 

I have a compressor a light overdrive just a boost really and then a tubescreamer. Strat TS Princeton is gods own guitar sound. 
    I may go down that speaker route, currently I have a WGS GS12/C which is very smooth, maybe more suited to a '65.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Nobels ODR-1 and Joyo Ultimate Drive both worked well with mine. Cheap, too.
  • I put a Ragin Cajun in mine and it honestly sounded great with anything I threw at it. miss that amp :(
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    I put a Ragin Cajun in mine and it honestly sounded great with anything I threw at it. miss that amp :(
    Me too, it certainly helped make it less sensitive to different overdrives and fuzzes. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Thorpy Peacekeeper. But note I've replaced the stock 10" with a Celestion Neo Creamback.