I only popped in for a set of strings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 109
    myrman said:
    You should try Avalons, which are more than similar, since they are made by the team who used to build Lowdens, and are often cheaper second hand

I totally agree. Excellent guitars as are Lowdens.

There is a lovely cutaway in the classifieds btw ;-)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/142871/fs-avalon-a320c-custom#latest

I viewed that very advert a day or two ago. I'm trying to offload a guitar before doing anything but I have to say, the madagascar rosewood looks lovely. McIlroys have also been recommended but I feel I've got to stick to my guns. Lowden.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    I've just got a new Avalon lefty jumbo (L2-20) for an excellent price on eBay direct from Ireland. It's a superb guitar and gives my Lowden F23C more than a good run for its money.
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 109
    GTC said:
    I've just got a new Avalon lefty jumbo (L2-20) for an excellent price on eBay direct from Ireland. It's a superb guitar and gives my Lowden F23C more than a good run for its money.
    I've seen your thread on the comparison between Avalon and Lowden.I'd be a fool not to try them out before taking the leap.Got to sell my Gibson first.Enjoy your guitar and let us know how the Brook build goes.