• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Just got a nice Gilmour type tone with these settings:
    Vol - 12 o clock
    Fuzz - 8 o clock
    Bias - 8 oclock
    Input - fully clockwise
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm going to try this now!
    We are a UK based, family run company retailing guitar effects pedals and accessories online. 
    https://www.breakthemachine.co.uk  connect@breakthemachine.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader

I got one of these recently from @NorthernStomps (cheers chap). Sounds great, getting good flexibility from velvety smooth up to melting amp chaos, the EQ toggle is handy. It can work nicely with humbuckers, filtertrons as well as single coils, and sits fine after my wah (Colorsound). Having clean amps I run FFs into a MIAB (La Grange), gives some more flexibility as well.
    Having had it long enough to be past the honeymoon thing I can't see this going anywhere, dead chuffed with it, nice one @Magnetic_Effects

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17565
    tFB Trader
    Finding the White Atom a brilliant pedal so I'm really tempted by one of these.

Everyone who bought one still loving it?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849

Indeed. It had a certain vibe I absolutely love, a bit warmer and less harsh than the White Atom. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3812
    Fuengi said:

Indeed. It had a certain vibe I absolutely love, a bit warmer and less harsh than the White Atom. 
    Agreed. I prefer the the Black Moon over the White Atom too. Although I am a germ fuzzface guy. Great pedal.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited April 2019

Yeah great pedal and quite versatile too. The White Atom that is 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    Still liking the Black Moon a lot, you're welcome to trundle down the A14 and give mine a go, just north of Cambridge.
  • White atom is great. Fierce fuzz, yet no background hum. 

Anyone tried the Lonely Robot, the Rat type one? I’m tempted. 
    tFB Trader
    Corvus said:
    Still liking the Black Moon a lot, you're welcome to trundle down the A14 and give mine a go, just north of Cambridge.
    I might take you up on that!

It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm thinking of treating myself to something else by magnetic fx, but I can't decide if I want a black moon, lonely robot or a solar bender!
    tFB Trader
    Yer welcome, bring the White Atom! I keep trying & moving on rodent-based things but the Lonely Robot is looking tempting.. got a place waiting for a filth pedal too..
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    Cool I'd be happy to bring my pedal board over
    tFB Trader
    Excellent, I'll fire you a PM in a tic
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1016
    Corvus said:
    Excellent, I'll fire you a PM in a tic
    Can i come too? Just on the Science Park :)
    “Ken sent me.”
    tFB Trader
    Hello mate, sorry I missed that! Sure thing PM coming ..
    tFB Trader
    Much rocking today with the excellent @Corvus

Black Moon is an excellent pedal. If I didn't already have a Veteran I'd totally get one, but they cover quite a bit of the same ground.
    tFB Trader
    Well that was a whole ton of fun. I liked the White Atom a lot, it's every bit as good as people say. Still love the Black Moon and use it loads, today I will be messing with pedal order, it liked being pushed with @monquixote Liquid Sunshine.
  • Recently I came across a small stash of great sounding germanium transistors with the right gain/leakage specs for a Fuzz Face. So I have decided to do a limited run of Fuzz Face clones with expanded controls. I present to you, the Black Moon.

The Black Moon is a Fuzz Face clone with expanded features that allows for classic fuzz tones in a more convenient and versatile pedal. 

Loaded with a pair of selected and tested Germanium NOS transistors.

In addition to the original Volume and Fuzz controls that the original Fuzz Face had, the Black Moon has Bias and Input control as well as a three position Low toggle switch.

The Input control alters the signal level and impedance at the input of the fuzz circuit. Fully clockwise (all the way to the right) is the original Fuzz Face setting. Turning the Input control down affects the overall gain and impedance of the circuit. This results in a difference to the feel and eq of the fuzz and can also allow other pedals, such as a Wah, to interact better with the fuzz. 

The Bias control affects the electronic tuning of the transistors. This control can be useful to compensate for differences in temperature which can affect the transistor bias of a Fuzz Face. (This only applies to Germanium transistor versions.) Additionally, the Bias control can used to intentionally alter the sound of the pedal. Different settings provide different tones and a different feel to the fuzz. It is worth spending some time experimenting with different settings of the Bias knob.

The Low toggle switch controls the amount of bass being fed into the circuit. This can help tighten up the low end and provide more tonal options.

http://www.magneticeffects.net/black-moon/
    I have one of these and love it. I opened it up today (just out of curiosity) and see there's a little blue trimpot on the inside. What's that for?
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    Sets the overall bias of the transistors. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6673
    Does anyone have a Black Moon that they're no longer in love with? I'd be very interested....