SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted: charger for the original macbook

maraudermarauder Frets: 133
i’ve acquired 3 of the original white macbooks, no idea if they work, and dont have any chargers.

anyone got the magsafe charger for them?

dont want to spend much, the macbooks are pretty much worthless, but it would be nice to get them working.

cheers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    That'll be a mk2 60W MagSafe Power Adapter. 

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MC461B/B/apple-60w-magsafe-power-adapter-for-macbook-and-13-inch-macbook-pro?fnode=8b

If you have a dead Apple mains adapter, it ought to be possible to dismantle the transformer block, disconnect the charging cable inside and reconnect it to a new smoothed and regulated charger.

Another alternative is to power the 2006 MacBook from a pre-owned Apple Cinema external monitor.
    Be seeing you.
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Its not that one.  That would cover up the ethernet port (remember those).  I had one of these macbooks when it was new, think it was 45w and the cable was straight.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
    edited April 2019
    "Its not that one.  That would cover up the ethernet port (remember those). "   Turn the cable round so the lead points away from the ports. Works fine on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) & old Core2Dual macbook.       http://tinypic.com/r/2cwr2x2/9
  • docbakerdocbaker Frets: 30
    If you have a recent macbook charger, there is a small adaptor piece available, to fit the older larger socket, pcworld I think
    -site:amazon.co.uk -site:ebay.co.uk... ditto for .com, the most powerful internet search filters
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2621
    If you mean one of these:

Then yes, I do. If not, obviously, not. But good luck anyway!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    That'll be a mk2 60W MagSafe Power Adapter. 

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MC461B/B/apple-60w-magsafe-power-adapter-for-macbook-and-13-inch-macbook-pro?fnode=8b

If you have a dead Apple mains adapter, it ought to be possible to dismantle the transformer block, disconnect the charging cable inside and reconnect it to a new smoothed and regulated charger.

Another alternative is to power the 2006 MacBook from a pre-owned Apple Cinema external monitor.
    Good idea in principle but it's  a switched mode power supply and incredibly well regulated so there wouldn't be much point .... also it's not just a ground and + Volt supply .... it's a very sophisticated system where the charger talks to an EPROM on the board and that allows charging if conditions are right with the battery and the buck converters load on the board .

@marauder try the obvious things like resetting the NRAM and SMC  ..... if no joy remove SODIMM's and wait to hear beep code .... if no beep code heard then that's about as far as you can go, if you get bleeps try one SODIMM at a time in one slot at a time ... very common for one slot to go bad

If machine boots (activity and working caps lock light) but no video then a common cause was LCD cable failure as it passes through the hinge

As old as these machines are they are still useful for certain things. I expect you could make one good one out of the 3, maybe 2 even 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    If you mean one of these:

Then yes, I do. If not, obviously, not. But good luck anyway!
    PM'd
    Sorted.

one of the batteries charges, one of the machines didnt have any ram, but i still had some from years ago.   No hard drives, but i had a spare.  Tested with that and all of them fire up.
    lots of testing required to make sure everything works.

thanks.  @Grangousier ;