Kemp Guitars 2019 Build Thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• More progress updates on the latest (and reintroduced, again) DC stock build. I won't post this much on future builds, as a full time builder they all go through near identical processes on a standard specification build, but this one is being made with new templates and tweaks to the original design =)

Checking existing logo size fits new headstock with improved "straight-pull" string angle...

FYI, I don't go for generic all-in-one templates when handcrafting my guitars. Instead, once the neck has been bolted on, bridge and pickup positions are measured out on every guitar individually for accuracy. This latest one has a recessed TOM bridge too...

Kemp Guitars - Custom Made Guitars for the Modern Rock & Metal Guitarist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's fretwork Friday! Just made that one up, but I am genuinely hammering frets in today. This 25% N/S Sintoms Elite Series fretwire is nice enough to work with and nowhere near a pain in the arse as stainless steel fretwire to cut and file =)

• Thin strips of veneer in various species (colours) of wood... Perfect for filling those fret slot ends without messing around with glue and dust =)

58382987_1574024062740934_14506210166308