Taylor 110e

What's Hot
Thinking of this as my 1st decent acoustic. Anyone here have one or any better ideas for the money ( prefer new please ). Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• markvmarkv Frets: 459
    I've got a 150e (i.e. the 12-string version of the 110e) and I like it a lot, I think it's a very good guitar. I chose it over several more expensive models.

That said, at that price point you've got a lot of choice. If you can, the best thing you can do is try a few.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I'm not a big fan of Taylor's, but I do think their Dreadnoughts are the best of their line. I tried a 110 and liked it. However, it's a lot of money a laminated back and sides guitar. Sigma do an all solid D28 clone for not much more money new. Also, why buy new when there are loads of bargains used, check out Mr @danishbacon 's Larrivee D03 for less money than the Taylor and a hard case thrown in to boot.
  • arayadisarayadis Frets: 47
    Taylors are great. Amazing build quality, gorgeous sound and rock solid cases. If you like the sound just go for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a 114ce, as soon as I tried it at the store I knew I was going to buy it. Easy to play, built well, looks good. It all depends on if you like the Taylor sound. 

The Faith Blood Moon Venus is a great looking guitar for a similar price, I have yet to try one though 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/acoustic-guitars/faith-trembesi-series-venus-blood-moon-electro-acoustic-guitar-fvbmb-snt190134378
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Always worth trying a Yamaha equivalent for the same price.  The LL6ARE is on sale at Guitar Guitar and looks like a lot of guitar for the money - £300 cheaper.  As @BigLicks67 says, that's a hefty price for laminate back and sides.  I would have thought £400-500 would be sensible money for laminate new, and with a budget of £700 you'd pick up something all solid and arguably better-sounding than the Taylor used.  You should be able to acquire an Eastman which is all solid to the highest level of craftsmanship for around that price.

The only advantage of buying used is you can try everything in the shop and decide which one you like the best.  But you'll get a lot more for your money buying used.  And it'll be nicely broken in!