Do we dare believe?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    edited April 2019
    RobDavies said:
    And more important, will Norwich win the championship? D 
    Hopefully.   As a Brentford fan, hopefully we will be doing everything in our power to beat Leeds on Monday.  That said , most of our players have been on the beach for several weeks now. 
    @RobDavies now that Brentford's game against Bolton has been called off, do you get the points?

Bolton players on strike: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48067603

They haven't been paid their March wages yet.

*edit* question answered - they've been told they must rearrange at the earliest opportunity:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48077182

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    C'mon Burnley  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited April 2019
    keep the faith my friend...there could easily be a few more twists and turns yet. 
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    As a lifelong city fan, i can say that i am more than disappointed with everyones dislike of city.I was there in the days of 'typical city' saw some truly dreadful stuff, but the fans never lost the gallows humour,and unlike the other 'big' clubs,city don't seem to have collected millions of new 'plastic' fans country wide. I now live in norwich, and have seen about two city shirts here since the new money arrived, which is good.However i must admit that the steamroller that the club has become has taken some of the 'edge' off it all for me, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if 'typical city-itis' resurrects itself today and we drop points at burnley.Whoever wins the league, they will deserve it, the points totls of the two clubs would win the league easily in just about every other season, (apart from the 100 points last year that is!)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Woop! NCFC actually did it. 

Feel bad for Leeds to drop it at the last couple of hurdles though. Hope they get to Wembley and get promoted.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    cacophony said:
    As a lifelong city fan, i can say that i am more than disappointed with everyones dislike of city.I was there in the days of 'typical city' saw some truly dreadful stuff, but the fans never lost the gallows humour,and unlike the other 'big' clubs,city don't seem to have collected millions of new 'plastic' fans country wide. I now live in norwich, and have seen about two city shirts here since the new money arrived, which is good.However i must admit that the steamroller that the club has become has taken some of the 'edge' off it all for me, but i wouldn't be at all surprised if 'typical city-itis' resurrects itself today and we drop points at burnley.Whoever wins the league, they will deserve it, the points totls of the two clubs would win the league easily in just about every other season, (apart from the 100 points last year that is!)
    It's not the fans people dislike to be honest (in my opinion)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    cacophony said:

Agree with you there (apart from Liam Gallagher of course) it's the complete lopsidedness of the league of now, the money (kicked off by Chelsea) and the questionable source of the money.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited April 2019
    Yeah exactly, aside from the financiers of it all just buying everybody often seemingly to stop others buying them,I  personally dislike Pep's style of play - can be quite dull just stopping the opposition getting the ball then slightly fouling them if they do manage to get it in order to reshape. Basically turns every opposition into a sitting duck so it's boring to watch

In my mind its not that different to the Pulis tactics, just modified to utilise better players in a different area of the pitch
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    underdog said:
    cacophony said:

Agree with you there (apart from Liam Gallagher of course) it's the complete lopsidedness of the league of now, the money (kicked off by Chelsea) and the questionable source of the money.
    You blame Chelsea?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    cacophony said:

You blame Chelsea?

Chelsea were the first buy them all so others can't have them club. City have taken it to a whole new level
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Qi said:
    RobDavies said:
    And more important, will Norwich win the championship? D 
    Hopefully.   As a Brentford fan, hopefully we will be doing everything in our power to beat Leeds on Monday.  That said , most of our players have been on the beach for several weeks now. 
    @RobDavies now that Brentford's game against Bolton has been called off, do you get the points?

Bolton players on strike: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48067603

They haven't been paid their March wages yet.

*edit* question answered - they've been told they must rearrange at the earliest opportunity:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48077182

It’s a desperate situation.  I know a fair few Brentford fans who’ve lost a lot of money buying match and train tickets in advance of the game. 
    My sympathy for Bolton is tempered slightly when I think back to when Gartside (Bolton chairman when they were in the Prem) wanted to end relegation and promotion to the Premier league.  
  • Not a night to have finishing problems. 

I thought Liverpool played really well and should have come away with at least a fighting chance at Anfield. 

Progression seems to be unlikely. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Not a night to have finishing problems. 

I thought Liverpool played really well and should have come away with at least a fighting chance at Anfield. 

Progression seems to be unlikely. 

Likewise - A good game to watch - Klopp took them on and did very well - You won't see many teams play Barcelona and have so many chances + good possession

But Messi and co know how to pounce when required - A bit lucky with the 2nd goal, but that free kick was sublime - Nothing anyone can do about it

I think very little chance of turning this around - Barca will surely score at least one goal, which means 5 for LFC

Will be interesting to see what type of reception Suarez and Coutinho get at Anfield
  • I think Barcelona will come to Liverpool to play counter attacking football. 

Liverpool on their day are quick and lethal finishers. Imagine it's 2-0 at half time? 

I doubt the tie's revealed all it's surprises just yet. 
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Yeah, Barca/Liverpool was a great game.  For large chunks of the game, Barcelona were a counter attacking team... but what counter attacks!

Man City might slip up against Leicester.  

Go Naarwich!
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    edited May 2019
    Such a shame last night, anyone can lose 3-0 to Barca but to do it when you had the best of them for most of the game is gutting.

Return at Anfield should be brilliant game, don't see anyone but Barca going through but they will not fancy this game at all with Liverpool having nothing to lose. An early Liverpool goal could make things very interesting.

Had Salah hit the net rather than the post then I'd really fancy us to go through having to score 2 goals at home.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Gutted with the result but the red men showed they really are a match for Barcelona. It could so easily have been different
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    so...

how did this one work out?
    underdog said:
    Such a shame last night, anyone can lose 3-0 to Barca but to do it when you had the best of them for most of the game is gutting.

Return at Anfield should be brilliant game, don't see anyone but Barca going through but they will not fancy this game at all with Liverpool having nothing to lose. An early Liverpool goal could make things very interesting.

Had Salah hit the net rather than the post then I'd really fancy us to go through having to score 2 goals at home.

I'm like mystic meg. Tell you what in the days running up to the game it was very obvious Klopp and the players had no doubt what so ever they could go through, the mentality on that team is amazing.

To do that without 2 of their 3 forwards as well. Amazing