Boss LS-2 Switching Issue

ChéChé Frets: 302
Hi,

I have my delay and reverb effects in loop A of my LS-2. When I engage the pedal to turn on the loop there's a brief moment of silence before the loop engages. I'm assuming this is a muting function Boss implemented for whatever reason? Any one else found this?

Unfortunately this made an otherwise perfect pedal useless to me so I'm wondering if there's any decent alternatives that switch seamlessly?

Thanks as always,
Shaun
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    The GigRig Loopy 2, but it is purely passive with no level boost or adjustment.

Don't know whether Behringer's LS2 knock-off suffers the same problem.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    I’ve never noticed that with an LS-2, and I’m quite fussy about it...

Does loop B do the same thing?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ChéChé Frets: 302
    I think so, I’ll check tomorrow. I never noticed it before but I haven’t had my LS-2 on a board for a long while.
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    I had an LS2 for years and it never did that. Daft question but you don’t have either the delay or reverb set to (or near) hundred % wet do you? 

I have mine in a loop switcher and have that issue when I have either effect cranked up. I guess you’re just hearing the “delay” in real time. 

Sorry, niche answer but thought it was worth mentioning. 
    How very rock and roll
    I tried loop B and it did the same thing. I tried it with a distortion pedal and it does a similar thing but not a noticeable. It’s like it takes a very small but audible amount of time to engage. Similar to the problem I had with a Blackstar HT Dual pedal. 

The LS2 is actually in the loop of my Marshall which is a series loop so I’ve kept the delay mix at half way. 

Might pick up one of those Bright Onion pedals.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    I've never experienced that.  I've tested output and noise levels of different pedals in loops A and B, switching quickly between the two, I've never experienced what you're describing.
    Strange. Could it because it’s in the effects loop off my amp? If I disengage the effect within it and switch it on and off repeatedly I get a tremolo effect. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Ché said:
    Strange. Could it because it’s in the effects loop off my amp? If I disengage the effect within it and switch it on and off repeatedly I get a tremolo effect. 
    Easy enough to find out - try it in front of the amp with the same pedals in its loop.

I don't think it will be though, I think it's more likely to be a fault with that particular LS-2.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson