Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - It's my name :P

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Currently the desolate North East, hopefully soon Melbourne

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Play something other than pentatonic solos.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My TS9, the only thing I've kept over the years..

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  impossible to answer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Wow. Just found this forum after getting fed up waiting for Musicradar to come back. Good to see so many familiar names around! Never bothered to introduce myself last time so might as well take the time now...

Q1:  Where did your username come from? Years ago I was baiting a 419 scammer by pretending to be a Russian Jew who had emigrated. I am neither Russian nor Jewish, but it was a laugh and the name just stuck around.
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Where Manchester meets the Pennines
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I've done the originals thing and been on the periphery of big scenes, particularly Madchester where I auditioned for a couple of minor league hangers-on but it never came of anything. I'm just happy to be playing in public with my hearing intact.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I wish I had the '62 reissue Tele with Kent Armstrong pickups I bought when I was 17 and was stolen in a burgalary.
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Pfff. The gear question is far easier than this one. I would say, at the moment, it's this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Where did you username come from? everyone has called me Clarky my whole life.. even my oldest sister..

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? living in sunny Berkshire. But originally born in London of Anglo-Scots / Spanish stock.. so I guess that makes me some sort of Cockney Hispanic Porridge Wog..

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? right now it's to get my own band up and running, and hopefully a few people might even like us a bit

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Right now it's the Axe-FX II

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  this changes week by week.. this week it's Mountain: Nantucket Sleigh Ride.. 

play every note as if it were your first
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 944
    1)username was made up for a forum a long time ago I had a relic strat and I thought the serial number was 245. Wen I got home and checked it wad actually 254. Real name tony.

2) worksop which is close to Sheffield.

3) I have to day my 335 as my wife paid half towards it or my 40th. It's lasting well lol.

4) innocence by Keith Jarrett.
  • supessupes Frets: 179
    1) I am Superman, hence the username......okay well I collected comics and Superman stuff for years then.

2) Durham, the glorious Norh-East.

3) Turned down the chance to tour Europe playing guitar in the late 80s, give it up for 20 years and now play covers (don't think I'll ever stop playing as long as my fingers work.)

4) GIbson Les Paul. Nothing better.

5) Black Rose by Thin Lizzy. Never get tired of it.

• RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    edited September 2013
    Q1: Where did you username come from? Rhyming Slang> Keith>Roast Beef>Roaster ( not my idea but it stuck 
     Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Dukinfield, Cheshire, about 8 miles from Manchester 

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? At 56 I'm too old really for any high flying ideas but I'm in a pretty successful indie rock covers band, and getting this as good as it can b will probably be my final musical fling. Been together for over 8 years now so something's working 

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Les Paul Classic in Honey Burst 60s neck, not found anything better yet 

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? So difficult, but this got me back into playing after a 16 year break
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    Roaster;21196" said:
    Dukinfield, Cheshire, about 8 miles from Manchester
    Almost a Mancunian-I'm in Chorlton,
  • rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    Hi Guys,

New to these parts so I thought I would introduce myself!

Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Raul Duke is the moniker taken by Hunter S.Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. One of my favourite books and the film is also hilarious.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

I'm based in Nottinghamshire, right on the border with South Yorkshire. Closest town is Doncaster.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To keep getting better, and just to keep enjoying it.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Would have to be my Eternal Guitars (based in the UK) Micawber Tele. She's called 'Betty' and shes a beauty!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Oohh this is a difficult one. I'm going to plump for 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkins. Awesome track.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Welcome to  theFB  you all. :)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947

The late Thin Lizzy frontman Phil Lynott was The Rocker, so as a long time fan of Lizzy I became Rocker

I'm based near Mullingar in Co Westmeath, Republic of Ireland.. 

To keep enjoying playing.

My Peterson Strobo Stomp tuner

Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore/Phil Lynott

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Hi all, new here but here goes, 1 - It's my name 2- I'm in Edinburgh, not so sunny Scotland 3 - Still searching for the tones in my head. That and learning to do some of the 'outside' jazz type stuff. 4 - Tricky one, today it's my PRS cu22, tomorrow who knows? 5 - Too hard, so this minute I'll say The Camera Eye by Rush
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    john_d said:
     Still searching for the tones in my head. 
    we have similar problem,  except its voices with me....................................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Q1:  Where did your username come from?

Same as I use everywhere, but it originated from my ebay account.  I wanted to call myself guitarbay but someone had already taken that!  

Manchester

One day I'd love to have a viable income stream from music.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro.

As with others, too hard.  Today I'd pick Elliott Smith - Don't Go Down

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    bertie said:
    we have similar problem,  except its voices with me....................................
    They talk to you too???
    :-j

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Q1:  Where did your username come from?The name of a project/ my music pseudonym! Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?Leeds. Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?To keep pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with an electric guitar.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?Malinoski Rodeo electric guitar. Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?Jeff Beck, Nadia. 
  • 4string4string Frets: 33
    tFB Trader

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - I play bass, and lack an imagination. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? East London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Put together a Garage Rock band in the next few months and gig..

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Love my Laney LC15 - filthy.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Today? At this moment? Iggy and the Stooges - Search & Destroy

Chief Bottle Washer @ Oil City Pickups.
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I had a bright orange Mini when I was younger, it was rather tuned and rather loud.  A friend of mine dubbed it "The Screaming Jaffa" and that stuck.

Sheffield

I think I've now got over my desire to be a famous rock star, I think now it would just to be to have some fun and enjoy playing with people whilst learning new stuff

Gear-wise I am fairly lacking in kit but I do really like my Boss BF-2's whooshing noises

Right now?  Probably "I Wanna Be Adored" by the Stone Roses.

• rosspixrosspix Frets: 0
    edited September 2013
    TTony said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Years ago, I hosted a website of photos that I took at my local pub. People started using it as a nickname, and it's stuck.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Originally from Canvey Island in Essex, UK (Dr. Feelgood country!), now residing in Stevenage, Herts.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To always leave the audience wanting more!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My '99 PRS Custom 22

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Hysteria by Muse

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Its my name and year of birth.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Sunny Surrey, Epsom to be more precise.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To always smile after playing 3 open chords

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Taylor 314

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Rich Kid Blues (at this moment in time!)
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 374
    edited September 2013

I've got "the cold dead eyes of a shark" apparently.

London, along with what feels like 40% of the world's population.

Enjoyment, then, Riff Machine...

My Telecaster, it's not even a particularly fancy one, it just fits right.

Iggy Pop - The passenger, at least it's always in the top 10.