Does anyone play classical?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• +1 for Kent classical guitars. I bought a Paco Castillo from them they are great as is the guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I meant to go to a very local shop to me called gap guitars 

he has a few 204 and 205 Paco Castillo guitars
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • They are great guitars for the money. I really like mine.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11878
    I used to prefer playing nylon, now I prefer playing steel strung guitars. There are pros and cons for both Here's a lovely piece played on a steel-strung
  • I used to prefer playing nylon, now I prefer playing steel strung guitars. There are pros and cons for both Here's a lovely piece played on a steel-strung

That Mysterious Bounderies CD looks very interesting, I read somewhere that he worked out most of the pieces by ear.

'Tis really nice hearing classical on steel strings by such a talented player.

If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    It's interesting to hear the classical piece on steel string but it just doesn't do it for me.  Not that it isn't nice (it is) or that it can't be done (evidence above), but after comparing the same piece with a classical guitar version on youtube, the latter to me has a wider range of dynamics and the strings don't sound brittle or harsh and sounds nicer to listen to. Each to there own and all that.  
  • Ok I broke all the rules and got a Yamaha NTX700

I am super impressed for the price and I am glad I didn't listen to some of the online reviews. Highly recommend this for the non purists 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.