How much to charge for a wedding gig?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Congrats danny! Thanks for thoughts guys. As we are a duo not a full band i think £500 has to be the minimum. For hour and half playing plus mp3 music for eve I dont think anyone would reasonably expect to pay less.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The playing you do for free 'cos you love it. However, the early start (so that you're set up before all the guests arrive), the waiting about, the late-night equipment take-down, the journeying, and all the shite that goes around your 90 minutes worth of fun is what they're paying for. Like Danny said, whatever a bunch of plumbers would charge for most of Saturday and all of Saturday night, you'll do it for half.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh yes, @Danny1969 and best wishes for your big day, and the rest of your happily married life :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10397
    Thanks Phil and the rest of you guys.
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • @Danny1969 congratas and good luck

@voxman have you got the PA sorted for the wedding? If not give us a shout! 

Also your price should also depend on where the wedding is, round here we have a number of very exclusive wedding venue's ( as is the case all over the country) where the price the band charges goes up simply because of the venue and what it and the organisers expect to pay if you get my drift 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    @Danny1969 congratas and good luck

@voxman have you got the PA sorted for the wedding? If not give us a shout! 

Also your price should also depend on where the wedding is, round here we have a number of very exclusive wedding venue's ( as is the case all over the country) where the price the band charges goes up simply because of the venue and what it and the organisers expect to pay if you get my drift 
    Many thanks but we have PA (with excellent Mackie powered speakers) - good point though re venue, don't know yet.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)