Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Tell me more about the Baja ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515

Another one with some quite nice grain on the body, happily!  Three-piece?

Did you refinish the neck as well?

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Telecasters look best in figured ash with an oil finish IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11494
    edited October 2014 tFB Trader
    Just been sent this from someone's bandmate we built a guitar for...a pic from London's 100club!

Attached was:
    Mike is absolutely loving that guitar!!! Hasn't played his Les Paul or Strat since he got it! The P90s are incredible, as is the piezo!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited October 2014
    juansolo said:
    Oil finished baja, nice, and they said it'd never catch on ;)

Even has the reversed control plate. I'm such a trend-setter :P
    Inspired by and Thanks to @juansolo and Jonathan @FelineGuitars, the Baja Telecaster is mine and i'm picking it up this Saturday.

From top to bottom:
    50's Classic Player Blonde Baja Tele, 3 months old
    Tuners and neck remain Standard except for a Bone Nut and frets Levelled, Re-Crowned and Buffed
    Body Stripped of paint and refinished in Tinted Danish Oil
    Original Custom Shop Pickups retained (Broadcaster Bridge and Twisted Tele Neck)
    S1 Switching and all pots / jack removed and replaced with Switchcraft Items (Inc 280k Vol Pot and Paper in Oil Cap)
    Control Plate reversed
    Brass String ferrules fitted in rear of body and also countersunk to sit flush to body
    Bakelite Scratchplate fitted (Replacement Fender part from AVRI '52 Tele, Supplied by me with the guitar)

I am stunned just looking at the Photo's, i can't wait to actually see and play this guitar.

Jonathan has said he will not mind me saying how much this work cost so........
    £535.00
    That's 10 hours Labour (£480) and £55 in parts. 
    For the sheer quality of the work i am astounded that it didn't take longer and cost more.
    Thank you Jonathan, i am more than happy with it.
    Looking forward to seeing you to collect it at the weekend.

NFGD !!!
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Another lovely rebuild project is coming to fruition
    Started life as a really pretty Hamer Sunburst Custom, but the neck had been snapped and had already been replaced with a new neck that played ok but didn't look very nice.

We decided to salvage the body as the maple was so pretty it would be criminal to waste it - even though it would be a bit labour intensive.
    We extracted the old neck
    We built a new neck and set it in, and then chose an inlay that had a central abalone stripe in a block of mother of pearl.
    We decided it would be fun to continue the abalone stripe down into the body as a feature.
    I decided to do all the normal tricks that I do on the Lion models, so Sperzel tuners, Earvana nut, Tonepros bridge and locking tailpiece studs and a lightweight aluminium tailpiece.
    The pickups are currently Seymour Duncan 59s running through 500k pots and a Jensen oil and paper capacitor.

I haven't had a chance to fret dress it yet, but was so excited by how it was looking that I decided to take a few pics to share

But - it will be for sale, so if it takes your fancy - gimme a shout.

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    any before pics?
    tFB Trader
    I don't have any damage pics this time, although I have a photo of the Hamer when it was new-ish (as a photograph print)

• WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    ah well, nevermind.   still be nice to see the pic you do have.

I think your Lp re-neck thread shows how much everyone loves some transformation photos
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    That looks excellent!  Maybe I should've got one of my Hamers rebuilt with a fatter neck.

tFB Trader
    You'd like the neck on this one Phil- nice shape and not skinny

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Two volumes and a tone?
    tFB Trader
    Two volumes and a tone?

Yes - classic layout.

edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    Finished off (nearly) the quilt top Lion supreme I've been making for myself.
    It was a guitar we had written off as it had a few issues a few years back (some arching of the mahogany and a slight alignment issue)
    Whilst I never intended to use it for sale it bugged me that we had such an awesome looking bit of maple going to waste.
    After a number of years gathering dust we looked at it again and decided it had stopped moving , so we skimmed a bit of the back making the whole guitar a little thinner and removing the cupping of the back.

On assembling it and getting it strung up in the bare wood it played like a dream and sounded flipping amazing.
    So I took the decision to complete her and make something that I would enjoy.

For the colour I again wanted to match the colours in the abalone and it is quite similar to No4 of the 20th Anniversay Lions - (owned by @axisus on this forum).

Must say I'm pretty pleased with her.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • :O
    tFB Trader
    My Pride of Lions

• That blue is astonishing
    tFB Trader
    One of the Bluescat/jazzcat Lions is ready....

• Were these Walnut ones thinner bodies?
    tFB Trader
    About LP Junior thickness....one is thinner than the other . This one is about 42 mm