Band T-Shirts

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike257 said:
    *unless you're in Iron Maiden. Somehow they carry it off.

I think it's more to do with the "we're the same as you" attitude of the Maiden guys, and they've (for a long time) worn their T-shirts.

Jason Newsted (Ex-Metallica) used to wear a Metallica shirt (certainly he did when I've seen him in 'Tallica) which again was (to me) "I'm no different to you, even though I'm in the band".

And Gene Simmons from Kiss (reportedly) refused to wear other bands (or his own band's Tshirts) but (in the early 1980's) worn an Iron Maiden Tee.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Whenever I see someone in a touring band wearing one of their own t shirts I assume they've run out of clean clothes and had to nab one off the merchandise stand. Presumably a lack of laundry skills and no merchandise was how the RHCPs invented their look.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Wearing other bands' t-shirts when they're at the same level as you is often a good sign of respect - it can also help all the bands in a scene get the word out about each other.

Sadly, there are an awful lot of bands round here who I wouldn't really want to be seen as respectin'.
    <space for hire>