UK made pedals towards the budget end of the spectrum

What's Hot
Does anyone know of any pedals built in the UK which are towards the more budget end of the spectrum (not too much over £60)?

Just under a year ago I started a site which sells inexpensive guitar gear which includes a selection of pedals. So I sell brands such as Biyang, Joyo and ENO. But I've always wanted to add a British pedal manufacturer too, so I'm doing a little research into that at the moment. 

The problem I'm facing is fitting together the "inexpensive" theme of the products on offer with some of the price points of the hand made pedals. So it may be that I actually can't sell a UK made brand for that reason. But I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any ideas as it's something I'm really keen to do.

Boo Instruments have a few pedals around the £50-60 mark, but they're the only builders I've found so far who fit the criteria.

I'd mention my site in the signature but don't want to break any advertising rules on the forum.

Biyang & Caline pedals plus other inexpensive gear:

SpartanMusic.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I wouldn't expect anyone who values their time in this country to output anything other than possibly a clean boost for that sort of money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2015
    mark_atdi said:

I'd mention my site in the signature but don't want to break any advertising rules on the forum.
    I'm pretty sure that's OK, but I'll flag @TTony to confirm

Other makers certainly put links to their stuff, and it;s nice if they stick around to give their input into the forum rather than just pimping their products.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_atdimark_atdi Frets: 11
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't expect anyone who values their time in this country to output anything other than possibly a clean boost for that sort of money. 
    Yeah I was thinking along those lines but then saw some of the prices Boo Instruments were selling their pedals at. Made me wonder if there were more. As I said it may not be possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

edit: @not_the_dj thanks for that!

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342

Thanks @not_the_dj

You're fine to put a link in your sig @mark_atdi, just keep it to the 2 lines that everyone else does!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    @mark_atdi My company Fredric Effects offers the main line-up at around £95 a pedal. This is very good value for a high quality, handmade, UK-built pedal. Get in touch if you'd like a wholesale price list.

• @TTony Brilliant; thanks for that; will do :)

@timhulio Interesting, for some reason I thought your effects were more expensive than that. Will shoot you a message soon!

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 629
    Maybe not quite what you're looking for but Bright Onion Pedals makes a standalone buffer for £30. They don't make effects pedals, but have a range of switchers, signal routers etc that fit within your budget range. (I am not affiliated with this company, but bought one of their pedals and like it, so I thought I'd mention them.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    Nine of Swords?
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Not sure you can expect a handwired UK pedal for 30 quid ,ore than mass produced production line Asian pedal. But hey what do I know,
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    DesVegas said:
    Nine of Swords?
    That was gonna be my shout. Guy I work with swears by them and is currently using a couple recording his mobs second album.
  • CMTCMT Frets: 10
    My vote goes for Raygun FX - super awesome, brit-built and I've long thought their prices are silly-low. Lots of really great fuzz, a few staples like trem etc, and the Aurora lo-fi delay which I like. Mostly around the retail prices you're looking for.
    Crash Magnetic Transducers--
    --Guitar pickups for girls and for boys

• Thanks everyone - quite a few pedal makers I'd not heard of before :)

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• Nine of Swords pedals are amazing (if slightly bonkers...). I've got 3 and they're all fantastic. How many fuzz pedals can you have....? Always room for one more... :)
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    ^ www.thefuzzshack.com if you want to avoid all the Tarot related nonsense that comes up when you type "nine of swords" in to a search engine.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Fredric Effects are the business. 2 of them are a permanent fixture on my pedalboard. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    @Thorpy did me an oustanding SHO clone for a great price. Might be worth a message.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    I wouldn't expect anyone who values their time in this country to output anything other than possibly a clean boost for that sort of money. 
    ^ This with knobs on. Anything handmade in this country at £50-60 is someone giving you their time for free essentially.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    The wholesale price for some of our (Fredric Effects) pedals is around that mark, and I can assure you that I am not giving my time away. Figuring out efficient ways to build batches of pedals, ordering enclosures (custom designed - not die cast boxes) in bulk and having them professionally powder coated by the manufacturer works out less expensive than you'd imagine. We also bulk order PCBs and components. I don't want to give all the secrets away, but happy to give you a rough cost breakdown in a PM if you like.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited April 2015
    What @timhulio said - it is perfectly possible to build and sell your own pedals at around that price point and for both customer and seller to come away happy - this is a far more sensible and successful approach than sticking a £200 price tag on something without a proven track record and selling 1 a fortnight