Crash Magnetic News! Crash Pickups' lastest coils

What's Hot
CMTCMT Frets: 10
edited February 2015 in Made in the UK
Hello guitar humans - since this is such a great place to find the newest news on UK small builders I figured my new coils might be of interest.

Actually today there are two new things combined... and those new things are old things...

First of all I've *finally* released a proper P90 pickup. I find P90's pretty sensitive to differences while building and I wanted to spend the time it needed to get these right. So I've made not one but three new 90s, Sweet, Salt and Original, all differing in tonal character and flavour. The Original Ninety is the first pickup I've released in the new Original flavour (there's a Spinal Tap quote in there somewhere), and I'm especially pleased with them.

Here's a peek at the Sweet Ninety - this one is reeeeal raw, much thicker and more syrupy than a standard soapbar. When you clean it up it gets chimy and lovely, but the more gain you feed it the more gnarl you get in return.

http://youtu.be/fmfvqjIJZCU

I'm really interested in your opinions. In contrast, the Salt is tighter, punchier, wiry. Much different to the Sweet, it keeps it's head under a lot of gain where the Sweet gives in and sinks angrily into the mire.

The Original Ninety is more like your classic P90 sound - smooth, rich and harmonic, these ones have a balanced, articulate class to them. The best thing is all of these still sound like a P90! They all still have that growl and that width. Happy to post more videos here, though they're all up on crashpickups.com.

Soon to come - classic PAF style humbuckers in our Original Flavour (I already make Sweet and Salt Buckers), a P90 for your Jazzmaster which I'm calling the Jazzma90, and our take on the Fender Wide Range in Sweet, Salt and Original. And maybe some sleep? No, probably not.

What do you folks think?

Crash Magnetic Transducers--
--Guitar pickups for girls and for boys

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMTCMT Frets: 10
    edited February 2015

• GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    Yeah, sounds nice and fat, just the P90 sound I'm after, looking forward to getting the pickup I ordered from you.
    Guy :)
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    edited February 2015
    I think you'll like it Guy!

That Jazzmaster looks super-sweet. Black JMs are so great - is that the guitar the Sweet is going in?

CMT said:
    I think you'll like it Guy!

That Jazzmaster looks super-sweet. Black JMs are so great - is that the guitar the Sweet is going in?
    Yes that's the one. Looking forward to making some great sounds.
    :)
    edited February 2015
    More new pickups! Here's one I've been itching to share due to being utterly over the moon with how it sounds. Now I'm not one for 'vintage clones' an all, but I'm putting out all the usual pickup types in the new 'Original' flavour that we've developed, and man... the PAF type is beautiful.

http://youtu.be/3DBL114vFYQ

The Original Flavour Bucker is out today and sits alongside the punchy Saltbucker and the thick, syrupy Sweetbucker.

These sound so rich and smoky. I worked really hard on these to get the wind pattern and the combination of materials just right.
    I'm really interested in some opinions - do tell me what you think!

There's more info etc right here

Just a quick'n - we're doing 10% off this weekend on our pickups - if you type in the code 'toneisnow' at the webstore then it'll all happen for you. Everything you probably ever wanted. Here is an image which repeats what I've just typed:

edited March 2015
    I've ordered a sweet P90.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @guyboden - You should've had an email, but I'll re-send it. Your pickup is on it's way!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    CMT said:
    @guyboden - You should've had an email, but I'll re-send it. Your pickup is on it's way!
    Ok, I'll let you know when it arrives.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    CMT said:

I've received the Sweet P90 pickup.
    Many thanks.
    Guy
    edited March 2015
    Happy Friday, guitar people!

If you play a Tele Custom, Deluxe or Thinline you might be interested in this - we've just released our Wide Ranger pickup - the CMT take on the classic Fender Wide Range Humbucker. It's not intended as a clone of the original for a whole host of reasons, but it's a great-sounding pickup with more than a generous nod to the sound of the 70's Fender models. Best of all they look absolutely gorgeous - tell me what you think

https://youtu.be/vp6ZfOOsgUQ

Chris from the sensational pop group Lords come over to Crash Magnetic Towers and pitted them against his '74 Deluxe. You can see the similarities and the differences. And some great riffs.

There's way more info, more demos etc on the site!