UK made pedals towards the budget end of the spectrum

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    I think with a lot of "boutique" gear you are simply paying for the inefficiency of production, eg drilling holes in pedal boxes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Are we entirely sure the Boob pedals are entirely made in the UK?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said:
    Are we entirely sure the Boob pedals are entirely made in the UK?
    I suspect no pedal is entirely made in the UK.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    I wonder if there's a UK company that makes potentiometers. If so I'll bet they cost £7.99 each.

Also, drilling enclosures (or rather paying people to drill enclosures) was the bane of my life for a couple of years. The wastage was incredible, and it's just not practical on any sort of scale.
    edited April 2015
    timhulio said:
    I wonder if there's a UK company that makes potentiometers. If so I'll bet they cost £7.99 each.

http://www.omeg.co.uk/products.htm

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Yep, got some of those - big plastic things, sadly not too useful for confined spaces!
  • DWJ is amzing, but a tad pricey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DWJ for anything amp related... Valves etc and pedals. Top notch to converse with too!
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited April 2015
    timhulio said:
    The wholesale price for some of our (Fredric Effects) pedals is around that mark, and I can assure you that I am not giving my time away. Figuring out efficient ways to build batches of pedals, ordering enclosures (custom designed - not die cast boxes) in bulk and having them professionally powder coated by the manufacturer works out less expensive than you'd imagine. We also bulk order PCBs and components. I don't want to give all the secrets away, but happy to give you a rough cost breakdown in a PM if you like.
    Not a worry fella, I can understand how you can save money doing things in bulk that way and getting the time consuming stuff done elsewhere. Kudos to you and the others that can make it work/viable. I still think you're undervaluing your work if you're doing it that cheaply here, but that's the market I suppose.