Line 6 Helix

What's Hot
Not sure if this is old news but looks interesting. Not had a proper read yet. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Want. Not cheap though. Harmony delay model? None of the old line 6 stomps have ever had that so its not m series effects either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I wonder if they reverse engineered the AFX then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    Word on TGP is that in can load Cab IRs

Wait, capacative touch footswitches? So you just touch the footswitch (as opposed to pressing it) and that brings up its controls on the main screen, pretty rad.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    The site must be getting absolutely hammered cause the video won't play. Reading through though this could be my next thing. Been considering a Firehawk or maybe the FX8 but this looks shit hot! 
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I scrolled through, and thought "This isn't going to be cheap..." and was not surprised at the end. 

Still rather want one, though, even without trying one.  It tickles my gizmo lust. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    edited June 2015
    Take out the amp modelling aspect and this looks like something tc should bring out to upgrade the G system.  Having the modelling stuff as well is a bonus.   I wonder how much input yamaha had.

edit - now I've seen the price, I wonder if they are trying to reposition the brand as being more upmarket and inline with axe as opposed to being thought of a cheaper inferior brand.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    and queue the post about shitty switches....
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm on mobile and the vid won't load!

What's the price?
    $1499
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    joeyowen said:
    I'm on mobile and the vid won't load!

What's the price?
    $1499  for the rack version or pedal version  with a dedicated foot controller for the rack at $499
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Thanks!

And fuck that.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    Yep, confirmed IR capability and looks sh*t hot.  Too pricey for me sadly...

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    The I/O looks to be pretty spot-on too - plenty of sends and inserts for all sorts of shenanigans. Let's hope they're line-level, too.
    <space for hire>
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    That looks mint. 

I don't really have use for one. But that's never stopped me.

Don't have the money either though.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I actually can't figure out for the life of me how they've screwed this one up. All multi-effects manufacturers have to - it's part of their code, I believe - but this one looks like they've covered all the bases.

I presume it has massive tone suck, or some ridiculous restrictions on effect blocks, or perhaps you can't turn off the amp modelling.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    That really does look exceptional. So long as they've nailed next generation sounds along with user interface, the price point seems OK.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    I wonder if it can run in 4CM without requiring hours of fiddling and annoyance.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    That looks extremely cool and has the feature that I've always wanted from a multiFX namely a few loops for analogue drives. 

That said at that price I'd want it to be able to replace my whole rig and not need additional drives.

Line6, Roland etc have been caught napping and been thoroughly bested by Fractal and Kemper. It's about time one of the big boys responded with something serious.

The only worry is that the guitar on the video sounds quite shit.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I'm hoping the 'more to come' part to mean that this is their flagship, and cheaper versions will be available, hopefully with just the fancy interface and switched stripped out but with the sounds remaining intact.

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fuzzdog said:
    I'm hoping the 'more to come' part to mean that this is their flagship, and cheaper versions will be available, hopefully with just the fancy interface and switched stripped out but with the sounds remaining intact.

Talking of which...that screen unnerves me. I'm not convinced that it'll stand up under bright lighting (especially if it's glossy), and it's a very large area to make singer's-boots-proof.
    <space for hire>