Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    hugbot said:
    Honestly my dick has been cumming since I saw this thing and hasn't stopped, I'm starting to get worried.
    Eeeww.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    hugbot said:
    Honestly my dick has been cumming since I saw this thing and hasn't stopped, I'm starting to get worried.
    Beware The Gush. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    another overview video

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    @hugbot have you enough to fill a bath?
  • jgmoutonjgmouton Frets: 30
    Fuzzdog said:
    Does sound like they've given it a good testing in the toughness department - they dropped it, threw it, stomped on it, even the knobs apparently got a good kicking and survived.
    They said the same things about the HD500 with its unreliable foot switches...  Actually a lot of what I'm currently reading about this unit was used about the HD500...
    tFB Trader
    That Sweetwater video is great. 

I totally want one now.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Lev said:
    another overview video

Mitch has lost some timber!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 554
    Thanks for the sweetwater vid @lev I have been contemplating a Kemper, I now have a problem.

• Jesus. That's a lot of features.

You could pretty well sell all your pedals and maybe keep one amp, maybe not even bother with that, and just go for the helix. The amps sounded good - set a touch bright for me but bar that...

Sounds perfect.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

It looks absolutely amazing. I thought it sounded great on the Line 6 video too. Less so on the clean sounds in the Sweetwater vid.

I remember us having this conversation a long while ago, about whether the big names were going to step up and challenge the next gen units that are available. The Helix looks well thought out and fairly easy to get on with.

Whether it betters the AX8 for me will be all about the tones though. Fractal have set the bar pretty high too!

Will be an interesting few months gear wise.

tFB Trader
    Have they given a date for when it's on sale?
  • grammargrammar Frets: 27
    Jesus. That's a lot of features.

You could pretty well sell all your pedals and maybe keep one amp, maybe not even bother with that, and just go for the helix. The amps sounded good - set a touch bright for me but bar that...

Sounds perfect.
    I did this when I got my axefx, kept a couple of fx for nostalgia but all the amps went.
  • Sounds like it covers home headphone practice, looper jamming, recording, stereo, live with amp, live without amp and even has xlr in for recording as an interface - that's insanely cool.

If they've got the switching good, it's a winner.

The only thing I noticed... When kicking in comp and drive on the sweet water demo, it added noticeable noise. Maybe they'd still be best analogue in the loops.
  • That's it guys.... All of yous sell me your two rocks for the price of one of these. You'll be so happy! Cash waiting :)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grammargrammar Frets: 27

There doesn't seem to be any sort of preset within a preset function like the AxeFx. 

To keep spillover on verb and delay you'd need to avoid a full preset change.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    grammar said:

There doesn't seem to be any sort of preset within a preset function like the AxeFx. 

To keep spillover on verb and delay you'd need to avoid a full preset change.

In Axe-speak they are called 'scenes'.
    That could kill it for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    Are you sure? Even the HD500x could do that I think, at least to the extent you could switch blocks on and off (not in the same advanced ways you can on Axe FX). Would be a schoolboy error this late in the digital game, my bet is that they would have it sorted. But who knows
    Also compression and drive would be expected to increase noise floor. Haven't had chance to listen to any demos of this thing yet will do soon hopefully.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ok listened on my phone and can hear the noise floor clearly even before they add the comp to the clean. My bet is noisy room (lights?) rather than a poor noise floor. Sounds like a split humbucker, would be nicer to hear it with a decent Tele or Strat.
  • guitarfishbay;667952" said:
    Ok listened on my phone and can hear the noise floor clearly even before they add the comp to the clean. My bet is noisy room (lights?) rather than a poor noise floor. Sounds like a split humbucker, would be nicer to hear it with a decent Tele or Strat.
    I just came back to post the very same thing, I listened again and think you're right.