Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    Really liked that 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    Really liked that 
    ah im glad, the whole series of videos they are doing is quite refreshing, the point gets across but the seem to be having fun
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Good job there @thorpy6 - well done.
    tFB Trader
    Well I put my money where my mouth is today and placed an order for one.
    Looking forward to getting it and hoping it'll be as fun as it looks

I'll keep it at the workshop, so if any of you guys are passing by you can have a go :)

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited May 2015
    @Thorpy6, how about "The Disruptor" or "Felix" as a name for pedals?

edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    @Thorpy6, how about "The Disruptor" or "Felix" as a name for pedals?

hahaha your knowledge of that world is very strong! Maybe pigstick.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    How about an 8b. Great for for slow heavy work, but no good in high gear. It'll go off in the wrong direction.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It's a great Pedal btw. I keep meaning to post some vids up
    It occupies valuable real estate on my pedal board...
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    It's a great Pedal btw. I keep meaning to post some vids up
    It occupies valuable real estate on my pedal board...
    I'm really glad you like it, i know that pedalboard real estate is a precious commodity.
    edited June 2015 tFB Trader
    I was asked to create the MUFFROOM CLOUD by a number of vintage pedal enthusiasts I know. They were after a MUFF style pedal that would work with a variety of guitars (Humbucker and singlecoil's including P90's) and amps. It also had to be bombproof so it could be gigged. The brief was simple, make a Muff Style Fuzz that could beat their original 1971 Triangle Muff pedals when placed head to head.

The brief was simple, the task was not, however after many prototypes and a bit of lateral thinking the MUFFROOM CLOUD (designed in collaboration with Lovetone and Dinosaural pedals designer Dan Coggins) was born. This pedal has the ability to beat any Muff you have heard (including the best vintage units). By adjusting the perfectly voiced EQ you can achieve fuzz tones from silky smooth through to doom laden whilst maintain the ability to cut through.

This pedal is going to be limited in production so get your hands on one whilst they are available to preorder. They will be shipping around 15 August 2015.

Out of interest, heres one of the pedals the MUFFROOM CLOUD went up against and beat....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just got our first dealership selling our pedals. try joespedals for the GUNSHOT and anything else you may fancy boutique pedals wise!!

He's taken some great alfresco shots too if you like that thing!!
    tFB Trader
    edited June 2015 tFB Trader
    Oh and here is what I've been building this evening:

the first pre-production prototype of the Muffroom Cloud:

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2015 tFB Trader
    Here is a quick demo of the Muffroom Cloud.... enjoy

tFB Trader
    Excellent (even though personally I prefer overdrive to fuzz) ...although having a third hand to move the controls whilst playing is a real bonus I can see.

tFB Trader
    Excellent (even though personally I prefer overdrive to fuzz) ...although having a third hand to move the controls whilst playing is a real bonus I can see.
    Haha, yes I'll be marketing the third hand later in the year, also known as getting a good mate to play!!
    tFB Trader
    And now I've got American woman stuck in my head.....

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

Great usable sweep on the tone controls there. I've never been drawn to fuzz before but that sounds great. Not a bad tone to be had.

Congratulations on what is sure to be another success.

=D>
    tFB Trader

Great usable sweep on the tone controls there. I've never been drawn to fuzz before but that sounds great. Not a bad tone to be had.

Congratulations on what is sure to be another success.

=D>
    Ah thanks very much, I'm quite proud of what we've achieved with this one. 
  • Another tremendous sounding pedal.I totally want some "smooth, supple sustain".
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky