Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Another tremendous sounding pedal.I totally want some "smooth, supple sustain".

well luckily I can help you get some!!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    Tried the Muffroom cloud today when Thorpy popped in for a cuppa.

Thought it was a great sounding fuzz even though I'm not a fuzz lover.

However he brought some other toys he was working on and all I can say is OMG!!!!!
    The next pedal to come after the Muffroom is right up my street - we're all in for a treat when that comes out.

I also tried boosting the front end of my Gunshot with another pedal Thorpy had and I think I nearly climaxed on the spot - the sound was so Sunset Strip 1987 - instant Lynch and Ratt..... seriously smitten by the sound we got.

Think it's going to be a busy year at ThorpyFX HQ

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    I really don't "do" FX - I've probably got 3-4 fx units lying unused in a cupboard somewhere - but I'm getting tempted by all the positive reviews of the work of this Mr Thorpy.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader

However he brought some other toys he was working on and all I can say is OMG!!!!!
    The next pedal to come after the Muffroom is right up my street - we're all in for a treat when that comes out.

I also tried boosting the front end of my Gunshot with another pedal Thorpy had and I think I nearly climaxed on the spot - the sound was so Sunset Strip 1987 - instant Lynch and Ratt..... seriously smitten by the sound we got.

cheers Jon, a great afternoon was had! It helps that the choice of guitars to play through were also stellar!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534

Oooh, sounds interesting. Hurry up @thorpy
    tFB Trader
     The Muffroom Cloud, trending on Premier guitar right now...

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1254
    I wonder how many peope "get" the engraved graphic on the MC...? :-)
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    tFB Trader
    JayGee said:
    I wonder how many peope "get" the engraved graphic on the MC...? :-)

do you know what, you are the first person to realise what it is.....
    Please tell me that it's not a reminder of an incident in your previous career... :-)

Should we give it away now or would that spoil the joke?
    tFB Trader
    JayGee said:
    Please tell me that it's not a reminder of an incident in your previous career... :-)

no incident (thankfully) happy for you to share though
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2015
    thorpy6 said:
    JayGee said:

Oh go on then...

It's actually a stylised representattion of the standard Teller-Ulaum thermonuclear bomb concept. 

The footswitch represents the hollow,  subcritical mass Plutonium "pit", the engraved rosette around the footsswitch is a set of shaped explosive charges which rapidly compress the hollow pit into a critical mass resulting in a rapid unconfined nuclear fission reaction (or as we non-technical people would say, a nuclear explosion). 

But wait, there's more: Above the fission primary is a container of Lithium-6 deuteride (or something of that ilk) fuel surrounding a plutonium rod, quaintly referred to as the sparkplug. The whole thing is surrounded by a heavy shell which (briefly!) reflects energy (mostly in the form of X-Rays) from the exploding primary through a material which may or may not be closely related to polystyrene and a combination of pressure, heat, and radiation squishes the fuel, which, with the aid of a massive Neutron flux from from the "spark plug" induced by the initiall flood of Neutrons from the primary undergoes nuclear fusion...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    JayGee said:
    thorpy6 said:
    JayGee said:

Oh go on then...

It's actually a stylised representattion of the standard Teller-Ulaum thermonuclear bomb concept. 

The footswitch represents the hollow,  subcritical mass Plutonium "pit", the engraved rosette around the footsswitch is a set of shaped explosive charges which rapidly compress the hollow pit into a critical mass resulting in a rapid unconfinned nuclear fission reaction (or as we non-technical people would say, a nuclear explosion). 

But wait, there's more: Above the fission primary is a container of Lithium-6 deuteride (or something of that ilk) fuel surrounding a plutonium rod, quaintly referred to as the sparkplug. The whole thing is surrounded by a heavy shell which (briefly!) reflects energy (mostly in the form of X-Rays from the exploding primary through a material which may or may not be closely related to polystyrene and a combination of pressure, heat squishes the fuel, which, with the aid of massive Neutron flux from from the "spark plug" induced by the initiall flood of Neutrons from the primary undergoes nuclear fusion...

That is exactly what it is, I thought it would be a great diagram to place on the footswitch. I.e. Press the Pit and trigger a muffroom cloud....
    tFB Trader
    Dropping this here.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    Nice one fella!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    JayGee said:
    thorpy6 said:
    JayGee said:

Oh go on then...

The footswitch represents the hollow,  subcritical mass Plutonium "pit", the engraved rosette around the footsswitch is a set of shaped explosive charges which rapidly compress the hollow pit into a critical mass resulting in a rapid unconfined nuclear fission reaction (or as we non-technical people would say, a nuclear explosion). 

But wait, there's more: Above the fission primary is a container of Lithium-6 deuteride (or something of that ilk) fuel surrounding a plutonium rod, quaintly referred to as the sparkplug. The whole thing is surrounded by a heavy shell which (briefly!) reflects energy (mostly in the form of X-Rays) from the exploding primary through a material which may or may not be closely related to polystyrene and a combination of pressure, heat, and radiation squishes the fuel, which, with the aid of a massive Neutron flux from from the "spark plug" induced by the initiall flood of Neutrons from the primary undergoes nuclear fusion...

It seems so obvious now.
    :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The MUFFROOM CLOUD is now available to buy, preorders have shipped and they are now out in the open.
  • Man!! I'm so happy to have discovered the "GUNSHOT" overdrive here at The Fretboard !!

So beautiful to look at ~ truly a work of art. 

More importantly, it sounds really really cool.  I'm sold on stickin' one on my pedalboard and can't wait to be rockin' out with one.

Seriously, the "calibre" and "gain" harmonic interaction is genius !!

Totally rockin' FX :)    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    thorpy6 said:
    The MUFFROOM CLOUD is now available to buy, preorders have shipped and they are now out in the open.
    So @thorpy6 what is coming next? Care to give us the inside skinny?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    tFB Trader
    rsvmark said:
    thorpy6 said:
    So @thorpy6 what is coming next? Care to give us the inside skinny?

there is quite a few things in the works....... Top secret though.....