Bohemian Rhapsody on guitar?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
Not sure if i can mange it or not but has anyone played Boh Rhap?

One of my bands was looking at ideas for new songs - covering the piano parts will the the tricky bit but I'm sure it's doable with a lot of work....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you're a ginger ninja it shouldn't be a problem.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Lovely stuff  :)

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Do it, do it, do it!!!

The solo is really fun to play. 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    And of course the breakdown. 

\m/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Thanks chaps - just worked out the piano verses - nothing like as hard as I expected so I've sent the txt and it's on lol

Now for the hard work of the actual guitar parts and vocals! 
  • When I saw Queen do it live they walked off stage for the middle vocal bit, just played a backing tape. Probably the worst song of their set as I recall it ( this was nearly 30 years ago so...).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    We did it when I was in Freddie Or Not. It's a piece of piss really - just listen to the notes and play them lol, it's not actually hard.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    We did it when I was in Freddie Or Not. It's a piece of piss really - just listen to the notes and play them lol, it's not actually hard.
    lol   indeedy :)

Although i was so busy pondering the piano parts I hadn't thought about all the vocals - I "think" we can do with (3 of us sing) but it'll be fun working on it and ticks the right boxes for avoiding the same old overplayed tunes.
  • viz said:
    just listen to the notes and play them lol, it's not actually hard.
    You've just put all the guitar teachers and all publishers of guitar tablature out of business with that advice.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2013

Ha ha lol, but you know what I mean! It's not like it's a difficult one per se.

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    I'm sure @Viz won't mind me sharing the Freddie or Not version....

Nice work on the solo!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! (oh ok then)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345

http://youtu.be/nqXfGGVx6rs

I've got a DVD of his, bought when I was more optimistic about my skills ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    edited November 2013
    I always thought that Queen were rubbish the way they handled BR live. Total cop out. It would have been dead easy to take 4 acapella singers to come on for that bit. I've heard it done well by just 4 singers.
    You've heard it done poorly just by watching that youtube clip.
  • axisus said:
    I always thought that Queen were rubbish the way they handled BR live. Total cop out. It would have been dead easy to take 4 acapella singers to come on for that bit. I've heard it done well by just 4 singers.

Me too, I saw a pub band do it and it was very impressive, although they had a Keys player. They managed the middle section very well too.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom