Took a small break from playing

RockerRocker Frets: 4947
As the post title, took nearly three weeks off playing.  Listened to music instead.  Back in action now and feeling more enthusiastic about learning and playing....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I know what you mean with this, when I go on Holidays I am really hungry to get back playing again. For any other reason than holidays though, I get guilt if I even miss one day. I know this is not a good frame of mind.

What you said about doing some serious music listening is right too. If I get in the Doldrums with playing I tend listen to something different to give me some inspiration, which could loosely translate to "Find a great track that I love and can play easier"

Keep Rocking!

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    I've taken a small break from playing tonight.  Shouldn't have done though.  Instead of learning songs for Thursday's rehearsal I've been dicking around on here.  What is it with procrastination and sheer bloody laziness? 

So... unlearned...
    Take on Me
    Tie Your Mother Down
    Hysteria
    Some shite I can't remember
    And another one, probably in E
    *sigh*
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    I tend to find that if I take a break from playing for whatever reason (holiday, dislocated my shoulder, etc) that I tend to think about technique, ideas, note selection, how do I do something or other and so on. When I get back to playing I'm sure I've usually become a better player in terms of thinking things through. Will never be the next Clapton but will almost certainly be better than I was before the break.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    when i took an extended break from playing, i found when i started again that because my technique 
    was poor i had to make up for it by really thinking about note selection, and ways to sound interesting.

i think i'm a much better player now than i was, although i hope i never have another long break again.
    [-X