Bronze vs Steel

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
edited October 2015 in Other Instruments
A friend of mine is looking to become a triangle player in a local symphony Orchestra, knowing that I play guitar, he assumes I am some sort of musical genius, and so he asked me if he should buy a steel or bronze triangle. I don't really know much about triangles but thought I might ask here.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Electric!

;)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72210
    That guy looks like Jeremy Corbyn.

Be afraid…

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I know nothing about Triangles but I'd guess that steel ones resonate better and possibly have more sustain and brightness.
    I'm sure it's an absolute minefield as far as Triangle players are concerned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16077
    keep in mind that all the most profound churchbells are cast bronze - must be some reason why
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    my sister played triangle for quite some time.....she alwats seemed to prefer the steel triangle for uplifting churchy tunes and used the bronze ones for the sombre moody stuff....
  • I didn't know you could spend $75 on a triangle! That's discounted aswell.