Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    ddlooping said:
    DLM said:

Q5:  Your #1 ever track? For the sake of having an answer, I’ll go with He-Man Woman Hater by Extreme. I’ve been trying to play that riff (with the sextuplets and squealies) for over twenty years[1], and am coming to the conclusion that only Nuno can make it sound right – but haven’t given up yet.

How about the intro, with the delay? :)
    Nah, it never did as much for me as the riff (or the proper solo, for that matter). I've never owned a delay unit, so have never attempted to play more than the ascending tapping lick at the end of that intro, which isn't that hard, and still sounds cool without the effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Grunfeld said:
    DLM said:

I’ve been trying to play that riff (with the sextuplets and squealies) for over twenty years.... For years in my teens...

@DLM Ah, I now feel really daft because for some reason, I have no idea why, I somehow assumed you were early to mid- twenties!

Ooops! 

But it's really weird now because I can't get my my head around the fact that you must be older.

Hey ho. 
    ~O)
    Must be my childish nature! :))

I was in my early to mid twenties – when I joined the Intermusic forum!  :-j
  • john87300 said:

It seems to be a different one each day, today's vote goes to John Martyn's version of Glory Box. Tomorrow, who knows?

Um, wow. ^ this.
  • frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited August 2013
    Q1: Where did you username come from? One part of my band Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Mildenhall in Suffolk just east of Newmarket on the A11 Q3: What's your main musical ambition? Just play lots and hopefully keep on improving Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? At the moment Gibson sig t but changes weekly. Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Love will tear us apart
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluenosebluenose Frets: 22

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

From my other love ..football..., Rangers FC supporter.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Scottish Highlands.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To keep playing live/recording, as long as possible.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Gibson Les Paul 2008 model in Chicago Blue .

All the tone without the sore shoulder :-)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

"Anthem"  SAHB.

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437

School nickname, along with Iron Hayden. Depended what I was playing! Also known as HJM on a couple of forums.

Holmfirth, Yorkshire now, Lincolnshire originally.

Hmmm... At the moment not to get my arse kicked by Adrian Ingram everytime we jam

Evil question.... Morgan Griffin

Nasty..... Mother by Pink Floyd. First solo I learnt I think...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frictionfractionfrictionfraction Frets: 402
    edited August 2013
    Cant delete it...
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 431
    edited August 2013

Q1:  I once owned a Marshall JCM2554 combo, my initials are JCA and I feel 25 but am much nearer 50

Q2:  Home of the Glottal Stop, inni?

Q3:  All the right notes, in the right order

Q4:  SVL 61 "Strat" (just one, really? that's cruel)

Q5:  Limelight - Rush

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Shit a brick that was hard to sign up! Didn't even know I had a spam folder as nothing has ever qualified as spam before I joined here (just to give you an idea of my email the promotions from JustEat get starred as important). 

Should this be a Sticky thread? [insert  question smiley face, not worked those out as yet] 

Anyway, 5 Q's:

1. Name originally used on a blues forum, variation on Eric The Social Worker who was a cartoon character I drew for Peeping Tom (Coventry student magazine).

2. In Britain's home of the surf revival - the Black Country.

3. Incorporate the Flinstones riff into something

4.It's all a bit crappy.Err, apart from my tc X4 as I'm thinking of selling that and it is brilliant!

5.No idea really but quite tempted to say Brimful of Asha ( either version) as it never grows old. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Wotcha @EricTheWeary

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 319

It was my network login ID back in the early 90's when I worked at Shell,  used it to sign up at an old old old iteration of MusicRadar or Intersound or whatever it was called then and it has stuck.

Carshalton, Surrey.

To be able to play guitar

Aria Pro 2 - TA-40

Too difficult. - Today it will be Life during wartime by Talking Heads.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• Hi I'm Sheldon.

I like musical instruments a lot!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I like antique guitars.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? London, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To become a curator of a musical isntrument museum, maybe make some interesting instruments along the way and maybe release an acoustic album at some stage.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Matamp 80w amp head.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? No idea I love too many different songs from too many genres to decide.

Old Is Gold
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    @erictheweary ;

Good to see you here. I was getting worried I'd miss out on the surf revival news had you not signed up!
    mike_l;8244" said:
    Hi Mike. Just catching up on all this.
    not_the_dj;8299" said:
    @erictheweary 

Good to see you here. I was getting worried I'd miss out on the surf revival news had you not signed up!
    surf revival news is pretty slow,sadly. Actually, been on holiday and not seen the tv, heard the radio or read a paper for 2 weeks and so not only no surf revival news but no news. Had we gone to war or something I reckon I would have found out somehow. I did see some dolphins though. And seals and puffins.And ate macaroni pies.

Err, we haven't gone to war, have we?

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Yay, another one returns.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_dj;8299" said:
    @erictheweary 

surf revival news is pretty slow,sadly. Actually, been on holiday and not seen the tv, heard the radio or read a paper for 2 weeks and so not only no surf revival news but no news. Had we gone to war or something I reckon I would have found out somehow. I did see some dolphins though. And seals and puffins.And ate macaroni pies.

Err, we haven't gone to war, have we?

No war as yet, but we're working  on it. Macaroni Pies sound nice though, perhaps we can use them to avert future wars?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited September 2014
    My name is Cos. I'm 50 this year and expecting a Tele from my wife and son to mark the occasion or else they'll be made homeless!
    Worked in the music industry now for 28yrs. Musically, I started playing accordion and bouzouki when I was 8 and switched rather late to guitar when I was 17 and haven't looked back.
    Q1: Where did your username come from? I'm Greek, so an easy tongue-in-cheek stereotype one to work out, plus it was my username on MR

Q2: Where in the world/country are you? Surrey (London end)

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? Well, now it's to continue playing live (funky function/tribute bands) as much as I can and family/working life will allow. I was lucky enough to have been pro for a year in my mid- 20s (live sessions and was in the 2nd generation of a signed band). Didn't really enjoy the experience and it helped me to decide that I didn't want to go down that route and preferred the safer 9-5 with music featuring heavily in my life as a hobby.

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My customised MIM Strat. It ain't a Suhr etc but it's my workhorse.

Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Crikey! That's a hard one but I'd have to pick Andrew Gold's "Never let her slip away" as my fave. A guitar one would be Steely Dan's "Josie".
  • My name is Dave. In 1989 I decided that my dreams of being a musician were childish and I needed to pursue things that weren't quite so selfish like loving a woman, raising 2 boys, and being a stuffy grown up, like those chaps you see in leather chairs smoking pipes. In 2011 I had accomplished all the aforementioned items so it was time for daddy to rock again! I still love the same woman, just now I feel my life is a bit better now that I am playing guitar again. I had not touched a guitar in 24 years and to be honest, I wasn't that great before, but I am enjoying making music once again.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I'm Dave...Just Dave

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Las Vegas Nevada

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Write music that others connect to

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I haven't had a chance to collect much in the 2 years I have been back, but I just picked                                           up a 2013 Epi Les Paul Tribute. This guitar blows me away. Nothing can touch it at this price point.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Wow, tough one there. I Can't Quit You Babe - Led Zeppelin

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Welcome @Dave_JustDave its good to have you on board.  You will probably have noticed that most of us are from the UK.  I think  (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that you are are first American.  That deserves a wow in my opinion.

We are a friendly bunch and whilst we may occasionally may disagree about various stuff we are all fairly committed to the guitar.  Though again try not to mention  Bigsbys to often as views are pretty polarised. 

Well done and picking up the guitar again after such a break.  It will be good to have your perspective on things.

:-h