What do you play?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    In my youth I was into all these bands with multi-instrumentalists so I tried to learn as many as possible, trying to compete with the guys from The Incredible String Band!

as a result i can knock a tune out of a mandolin, fiddle, Appalachian dulcimer, epinette de pays, keyboard, whistle, all the recorders, sax and bouzouki. My main instruments remain guitar, bass, flute and synth. Despite all my attempts, I still can't play drums as well as I'd like - for some reason I can play 6/8 like falling over, but straightforward 'boom-tish' eludes me!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My "main" instrument (as in the one I had formal lessons on) is clarinet.  Probably the only instrument I play "properly" - the rest are all self-taught, with various degrees of blaggery.  I played clarinet and a bit of sax in classical wind band and trad jazz band for years, but now mostly play rock guitar, at least in public.

I've gigged on clarinet, sax, guitar and bass.
    I'm fairly good on recorders.
    I've dabbled with piano/synths, mandolin, zither, ocarina, flute, theremin (oh the aching arms!), violin (because my daughter's learning it) and anything else I can get my hands on, but pretty rubbish at most of those.
    I really can't get on with brass instruments or drums (can never get arms and legs coordinated)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    PIANO,KEYS
    dare I say Stylophone ..............like that nice Australian chap used to play
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    edited November 2015
    I suck at playing guitar, worse at anything else. I cAn make a nice Sunday roast...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I'm shit-hot on the Kazoo.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Guitar, and I love it
    Piano, and I like it
    Drums, and I miss it like crazy

Penny whistle in the key of D
  • joeyowen;840975" said:

Now that's specialization :)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen;840975" said:

Now that's specialization :)
    I was in Ireland and saw one for sale, it happened to be in that key... I don't want to over complicate ;)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    I spent years playing in metal bands... Now I'm playing mainly mandolin, as well as acoustic guitar and a bit of singing in a duo. It's a lot of fun!