Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Thanks for the warm welcome!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Welcome @Dave_JustDave its good to have you on board.  You will probably have noticed that most of us are from the UK.  I think  (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that you are are first American.  That deserves a wow in my opinion.
    I think @Pyroman is also from the USA. 
    We are mostly UK types, but all are welcome. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  It's my name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Loughborough

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To keep playing, (I'm one of the older members here), and the constant merry-go-round of cover band membership - we have our first gig with the latest singer on Saturday.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  Axe-FX.  The weight is as important as the sound.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  you're joking aren't you?

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448

Q1:  Where did you username come from? 

Used to be 'appetitefordestruction' on the previous place, didn't post much tbh but couldn't seem to register.

This name from Parks & Rec

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Originally a Yorkshire lad, now living in London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

At the moment just to enjoy playing guitar again, took a bit of a backseat over past few years but to play live again would be great

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Love my Suhr Riot and Koko Boost combo

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Totally depends on time & current mood etc. But fav at the mo is 'If I had  a tail' from current QOTSA

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?  Working with singers who like to get involved during the instrumental break.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To make parents of students understand that their child will get no better without actually practising.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  Wine Red Les Paul custom bought as a gift by my wife.  I usually prefer Strats but this guitar just fits.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Portishead's Roads

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041

OK - I'll play, though my answers will in some cases change from minute to minute. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My wife made up an imaginary character when she was a little girl - he was called McToot the Bat.  I'd like to write a children's book about him in which he's a bat that is afraid of the dark and hangs about with other rejects in the daytime, wearing Roy Orbison sunglasses...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Haywards Heath in West Sussex.  It's most attractive points? It's good for Gatwick and is less than an hour from GAK, Guitar Guitar and Andertons...

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to take myself seriously as a guitarist, not just a bloke who learns things via osmosis (or the 100 monkeys in a room method)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  Whichever guitar I'm playing.  The rest are potentially for sale.  At the moment it's probably my MIJ Tokai LP. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Tough.  Probably Song to the Siren - This Mortal Coil's version, not Tim Buckley's original, though that's good too in a late 60s hippy way.  Either that or The Doobies' What a fool Believes, to which one can do the most fabulous dad-dancing. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Kebabkid said:
    My name is Cos. I'm 50 this year
    No effing way Cos!  I would have sworn that you were more my vintage.  Mainly by the way you know how to play all my fave Journey songs, but seriously?!

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4302

Bit late to this but worth doing anyway. My Name is Hywel, 59 years old, been playing since 13 and still a poor(ish) player wanting to improve to the stage that I can comfortably listen to my own playing without cringing. I'm a gear addict buying and infrequently seliing more than is good for me thinking that each time it will make me a better player. Few things do. Playing makes you a better player, especially if you play with others, under a little bit of stress either because of the occasion or the the others abilities. I have built my own Warmoth guitars, 2 strats including spray finishing them, fret dressing etc. Wookworking skills probably not good enough to do a scratch build. Built a number of kit amps and cabs including Ceriatone OTS on which I continue to inflict my modding skills.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    First name plus middle initial, on the basis that I'd put money on no one else having that combination. Could easily argue that the middle initial was short for GAS.
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Nottingham UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? 

To be good enough to enjoy regular gigging and jams, well into old age....

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My wide necked Warmoth HSS strat.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track?

SRV Little Wing. Makes me all watery eyed.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Welcome to  theFB   you all. :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    McToot said:
    Kebabkid said:
    No effing way Cos!  I would have sworn that you were more my vintage.  Mainly by the way you know how to play all my fave Journey songs, but seriously?!
    Ah, Jules. I've missed you mate.

Yep. That skunk/badger look comes from nearly 50 years on this mortal coil and I came out into this big, bad world on the day they shot Kennedy! A little dose of AOR/80s every day is good for you and keeps you young!

+1 to "What a fool believes"!

Good to see so many familiar names here and here's to the next SE Gearfest and well done to the chaps for getting an East Anglia and Southern Gearfest up and running.

All the best
    Kebabkid said:
    McToot said:
    Kebabkid said:

Yep. That skunk/badger look comes from nearly 50 years on this mortal coil and I came out into this big, bad world on the day they shot Kennedy! A little dose of AOR/80s every day is good for you and keeps you young!

Good to see so many familiar names here and here's to the next SE Gearfest and well done to the chaps for getting an East Anglia and Southern Gearfest up and running.

All the best

@kebabkid

Good to see you too fella.  I was musing just this afternoon about testing appetite for another SE event for the autumn.  Was wondering about whether we could up the ante and actually get a room and stage for evening beers and jamming...  Having not played in a group seriously for knocking on 30 years I'd take a back seat on that side, but would be happy to play mother on the organisational front...  You on Facebook? Look me up if so (Julian Longhurst)

• @erictheweary and @kebabkid - Hi guys, good to see you here!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    RocknRollDave;8716" said:
    @erictheweary and @kebabkid - Hi guys, good to see you here!
    well, it will be all the better for us I am sure.
    Not enough Bambi Molesters clips posted before I got here I noticed.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • olsols Frets: 10

Hey, I'm Ols.

I was on musicradar, but then that forum appears to have fallen off the edge of the grand canyon.

By day, I am a web developer from Norwich and by night I am secretly batman.

I don't have many large ambitions when it comes to music, I just want to have fun with it. Anything else is a massive bonus :)

My best bit of gear is my guitar, not because it is some amazing and ornate piece - but because It was a bargain and it has been my trust sidekick for about 5 years now. None of my other gear works properly at the time of writing...

I can't say what my number one track is. I am a huge fan of Title Fight though.

I look forward to discussing the latest gibson faux pas with you, alongside speculation about slash secretly being a batman impersonator (lets not forget - I am actually batman).

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    ols said:

Hey, I'm Ols.

Hi Ols - member #392.

Good to have you with us - never can have too many superheroes about the place.  Just in case ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Just as well I'm not a superhero as we seem to have a lot the TTony.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• olsols Frets: 10
    McToot said:
    Kebabkid said:
    McToot said:
    Kebabkid said:

All the best

@kebabkid

Good to see you too fella.  I was musing just this afternoon about testing appetite for another SE event for the autumn.  Was wondering about whether we could up the ante and actually get a room and stage for evening beers and jamming...  Having not played in a group seriously for knocking on 30 years I'd take a back seat on that side, but would be happy to play mother on the organisational front...  You on Facebook? Look me up if so (Julian Longhurst)

edited August 2013
    Hi Jules,

not a Facebooker but I'll PM you during the week with my details and a grander SE Gearfest sounds like a plan!
    @Fez @Dindude @Bucket @Flanging_Fred
    Cheers
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Kebabkid said:
    Hi Jules,

not a Facebooker but I'll PM you during the week with my details and a grander SE Gearfest sounds like a plan!
    @Fez @Dindude @Bucket @Flanging_Fred
    Cheers
    Another SE Gearfest sounds like an excellent idea!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."