SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1984 Fullerton 1962 USA Reissue Stratocaster AVRI - sold

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
edited November 2020 in Guitars £
Made between 1982-84 at the Fender Fullerton factory these were essentially custom shop guitars of the time. Now 36 years old this '84 has natural patina and the odd honest ding. There is an ink stamped name H. Gastelum who is renowned as one of Fenders best ever neck shapers, his necks are highly prized. There have been no alterations to the guitar so everything is original and all solder joints intact. All of the case extras are intact and the tremelo cover is shiny and bright as new. There is some natural lacquer cracking on the back and a slight dulling of the nitro cellulose finish on the forearm contour. A couple of small dings and lacquer wear on the back of the neck. The serial number is V011532. Weight is exactly 8lbs.

Priced at £2000 and I may be interested in trades for CS Relic strats, Tom Anderson and Suhr guitars or anything interesting including Kemper. Based in Somerset for those wishing to come and have a look..

http://imgur.com/a/GgA9L
https://imgur.com/gallery/R6let
14reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    edited November 2017
    Photobucket link deleted...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump and trades considered...
  • Taking this beauty to Bristol Guitar Show on Sunday if anyone would like to see it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
    edited April 2017
    Man, I have one from the same year, in Olypmic White (which has faded to a nice blonde colour now) which I was bought about 12 years ago, I really wish I'd kept it in as nicer condition as yours is! Mine was played all day every day for about 5 years then gigged heavily over another 3, lost all the papers, snapped the trem arm off and replaced the bridge god knows how many times...

Anyway, lovely guitar sir!
  • Man, I have one from the same year, in Olypmic White (which has faded to a nice blonde colour now) which I was bought about 12 years ago, I really wish I'd kept it in as nicer condition as yours is! Mine was played all day every day for about 5 years then gigged heavily over another 3, lost all the papers, snapped the trem arm off and replaced the bridge god knows how many times...

Anyway, lovely guitar sir!
    Thanks buddy, they are made for playing!
    Post Bristol guitar show valuation and advice from Vintage and Rare that pencil neck dates are not always evident on these guitars bump...
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Did this sell? I take it the case isn't original, pretty sure the RI's came with tweed cases. Nice example though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    matt1973 said:
    Did this sell? I take it the case isn't original, pretty sure the RI's came with tweed cases. Nice example though. 
    Not yet, Vintage and Rare Guitars in Bath are interested in marketing it for me. Apparently they also came with black cases so I believe it's the original.
  • Let's see if anyone is interested....Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Hi lovely looking guitar. Do you have any sound clips at all? Any rough idea of the weight? 
    Cheers.
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • pickerg said:
    Hi lovely looking guitar. Do you have any sound clips at all? Any rough idea of the weight? 
    Cheers.
    Sorry buddy, missed your message, I'll see what I can do about both questions...
  • Bump
  • Bump, message me for pics. Cheers
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump