The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    And now she's re-arranging the deckchairs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40241229

Bringing back that wanker Gove… she detests him. Presumably she's just trying to make sure they'll all be dragged down with her.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    edited June 2017
    Give is there to do for fracking what he did to education. I'm sure of it.open season!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    She's brought back Gove.. has she completely lost it. The mad bint needs to be sectioned.
    Or perhaps he's the equivalent of a bucket of shit to keep the flies off her.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 2065
    equalsql said:
    She's brought back Gove.. has she completely lost it. The mad bint needs to be sectioned.
    A case of "inside the tent, pissing out rather than outside the tent.......?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    exocet said:
    equalsql said:
    A case of "inside the tent, pissing out rather than outside the tent.......?
    Probably
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25001
    She lost 8 ministers on Thursday - presumably the pool of 'talent' is therefore smaller. Perhaps she fancies Boris and Gove together at the cabinet table again?
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    Boris greeting Trump - yeah
    what could go wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
    I don't think Trump would have a clue of what to make of Boris, Boris may be a baffoon but he does have a very good command on the English Language and would just confuse the heck of of trump
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    I don't think Trump would have a clue of what to make of Boris, Boris may be a baffoon but he does have a very good command on the English Language and would just confuse the heck of of trump
    Boris will eventually start speaking Latin at Trump.
    I'd love to be in the room.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    wrong
    she's
    wrong and unable
    mended
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    AliGorie said:
    Boris greeting Trump - yeah
    what could go wrong
    if Trump did the handshake thing, it could get very weird.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Did BBC and Skynews reporters have a bet on as to how many times they could call Jeremy Hunt Jeremy Cunt .. looks like it ..

:-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    JezWynd said:
    Agree. It's flown under the radar but it's astounding that despite an all out attack on Corbyn by the DM, Sun, Times etc. their poison had zero effect. It's been reported that Murdoch stormed out of a party at the Times offices when the exit poll results came in.
    Finally caught up with someone in the know who had a party invite. Absolutely true. Also a senior male figure upon hearing the exit poll result said "The stupid bitch has cocked it up". 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Heartfeltdawn said:
     Also a senior male figure upon hearing the exit poll result said "The stupid bitch has cocked it up". 

That's probably the most accurate thing the gutter press have reported this election...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Heartfeltdawn said:
     Also a senior male figure upon hearing the exit poll result said "The stupid bitch has cocked it up". 

That's probably the most accurate thing the gutter press have reported this election…
    she must have been Cameron's finest pupil
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Heartfeltdawn said:

That's probably the most accurate thing the gutter press have reported this election...
    Interesting piece in the Times. Momentum spent a fortune of a series of videos and a social media campaign that got the youth vote out and swung many floating voters behind Corbyn. One video was watched by 14 million people - Labour used social media effectively. The Tories stuck to the newspapers. Media commentators say the newspapers are dead - Corbyn's team outperformed the Tories where it mattered - on the Internet.  And the Tories still don't get it as Labour go on the offensive - Facebook is full of stuff on a daily basis.

May lost be 401 votes across a series of seats. That's all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    Fretwired said:
    Heartfeltdawn said:

Interesting piece in the Times. Momentum spent a fortune of a series of videos and a social media campaign that got the youth vote out and swung many floating voters behind Corbyn. One video was watched by 14 million people - Labour used social media effectively. The Tories stuck to the newspapers. Media commentators say the newspapers are dead - Corbyn's team outperformed the Tories where it mattered - on the Internet.  And the Tories still don't get it as Labour go on the offensive - Facebook is full of stuff on a daily basis.

That, there, is some of that "creative statistics" stuff. What does it mean? The Labour majority in Newport West went up by 2000 votes, but the Conservative vote went up 3000. So I guess that's not "lost votes", even though the situation is worse?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30129
    Fretwired said:

That, there, is some of that "creative statistics" stuff. What does it mean? 
    I assume that 401 is the minimum number of votes required (in the right constituencies) to have changed the result to a Conservative majority.

It would be interesting(ish) to know the number required for a Labour majority for comparison...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    Fretwired said:

That, there, is some of that "creative statistics" stuff. What does it mean? 
    I assume that 401 is the minimum number of votes required (in the right constituencies) to have changed the result to a Conservative majority.

It would be interesting(ish) to know the number required for a Labour majority for comparison...
    I think Labour were a long way off ... stats here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/12/theresa-may-just-400-votes-short-majority/

• SporkySporky Frets: 30129
    Blimey - so over 50,000.

Interesting too that Labour need over 6,000 more votes to win each of their seats - that suggests some cunning work by the Conservatives in drawing up constituency boundaries. No idea if that is the case, but it suggests it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom