The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10067
    She'll be on the phone to the DUP right now.

Promising all sorts of crap to the anti-equality, anti-abortion, bible thumping fuckwits.
    Probably agreeing to wear a bowler hat and an orange sash as she marches through Drumcree...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't agree she's more hated than Thatcher.  She's more pitied and mocked, yes.  She's so ineffectual she hasn't managed to actually do anything to warrant Thatcher levels of hate.  Maybe from her own party, which she has managed to turn into a laughing stock, but not the real, visceral hatred that Thatcher provoked from the public.  Those with any heart or social conscience that is.  Apart from that, you're bang on IMO.
    You're right, she's promised little and done even less, so not much hate earned (except maybe from her colleagues). But there should be more coming her way once more people realise there's a lot of s**t to shovel and she's standing in the way not doing anything and stopping it getting dealt with. 
    Two things. There's a whole generation who know very little about Thatcher; they don't hate her. May is currently hated in her own party for failing to win, Tory voters who thought this should have been a walk in the park hate her and the younger generation who saw her in actin after the terrorist attacks and Grenfell tower think she's heartless and those on the left hate her. My Facebook feed is full of hate for May. I've not seen anything like it .... social media has changed politics forever. The Tories have no social media presence. There are people who think May was responsible for the Manchester bombing ..

Here's the Daily Mail and UKIP attacking May ... we could be close to a collapse of democracy ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4540842/Paul-Nuttall-security-promise-Ukip-manifesto-launch.html

Change your facetube friends and stop letting them upset you with nonsensical drivel.

Theresa is here to stay get used to the idea 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And stop reading the daily mail @Fretwired ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited June 2017
    capo4th said:

Change your facetube friends and stop letting them upset you with nonsensical drivel.

Theresa is here to stay get used to the idea 
    Tell that to my mother. She was local Tory treasurer, backed many of our local MPs, met Thatcher many times, had dinner with May twice with a women's group she was chairman of and should be true blue, but voted Lib Dem in June. She told me May was useless 18 months ago .. my mother hated Cameron and hates May and won't ever vote Conservative again. When you lose voters like this you know your in trouble.

I'm a business owner, own my own home and will be comfortable when I retire. I should be voting Tory. I can't stand May or the Tories because I have two sons and I dislike the way they've been shafted. I voted Labour.

So if you have a direct link to May perhaps you'd tell her to resign as that's what the majority of the British population want. The problem is there's no one to replace her. And she's in charge of Brexit. God help us all.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    And stop reading the daily mail @Fretwired ;
    Why? When the mouthpiece  of the Tory party turns against you the game is up.

Exactly that's why she is here to stay.

No links whatsoever.

Looking forward to seeing Corbyn at Glastonbury 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:

No links whatsoever.

I give her a month.

The way I see it is that we are fucked whoever is in power.

This generation of politicians has to be the worst ever.
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:

No links whatsoever.

I give her a month.
    We will see .....
    capo4th said:

Changing your tune all of a sudden are you ...

capo4th said:
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:

No links whatsoever.

I give her a month.
    We will see .....
    I think she'll crack and resign .. she looks like she's on speed at the moment. It must be tough.

Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:

Changing your tune all of a sudden are you ...
    All politicians are a shower of shit some just smell nicer than others
    Only the finest £100 a gram gear for Theresa she needs to be on it during these negotiations 
    Tory MPs talking to the Lib Dems to thwart Brexit .. May has lost control of her party .. :-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/revealed-lib-dems-secret-talks-tory-remainers-force-soft-brexit/

capo4th said:
    Only the finest £100 a gram gear for Theresa she needs to be on it during these negotiations 
    Ah the truth is out. I wondered how you made your money .. :-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hahahahaha
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25493
    capo4th said:
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:
    Brexit and the referendum vote has led to massive uncertainty and stalled investment not really sure why you would dispute that fact.

Because it is irrelevant. We've had chronic levels of investment in start-ups for decades. And while we're on the subject of Brexit it was your glorious leader Cameron who decided to have a referendum and then ran what was, at the time, the worst campaign in living memory. Then along came May and she though "I can do better" and by God she did ... from a massive lead in the polls to neck and neck with a guy whose own party tried to get rid of him. The worst campaign in living memory, a series of straplines that could have been written for a Monty Python sketch and then disaster .. a hung parliament. She's more hated than Thatcher which is an achivement. And tonight she's in Brussels with everyone laughing behind her back. And you vote for these people.
    52% of the British people voted Brexit it is the will of the British people.
    To paraphrase @Fretwired, 'Utter Bollocks'....

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-leave-remain-52-48-per-cent-voter-turnout-electoral-register-charts-7399226

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    My bad @Emp_Fab my level of detail had been clouded by red wine, although you knew exactly what I meant however your pedantic little pie chart explains everything clearly for everyone. Good find chap.

52% of the vote 17million versus 16 million it is the will of the British people. Brexit means Brexit.

its the one year anniversary of Brexit today well done to all the people who voted Brexit.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Yes, because it is going SOOOOOO well.
    Inflation up, pound down, not enough nurses coming in to work in the NHS and a weak, unstable government that is the laughing stock of Europe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    capo4th reminds me of an internal troll, a sort of performance artist I guess, who used to frequent a forum I was on 15 years ago.

I'm just never quite sure if they are serious, since the posts seem to be some sort of AI Daily Mail regurgitator.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.