13»

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5316
    I made a successful claim for a new wheel and tyre a couple of years ago from the council.
    it involved providing lots of photos, map locations, receipts of previous tyres, tax, mot...basically lots of hoop jumping but they paid up :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    boogieman said:

How do you prove it was the particular pothole that caused the damage if you've driven the car away? I can understand if the car's marooned in the road with a busted spring and tyre, not far from the pothole.
    Exactly that… if you've bent the rim the tyre will deflate fully, immediately. Not too much doubt if you're about fifty yards beyond a bad pothole which is in the same driving line as the damaged wheel and you take photos.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    edited April 2017
    I doubt I'd have a claim to be honest. Getting results from the councils round here is like trying to draw blood from a stone. The road I live on is also like a mini mountain range so I'm sure that fact would probably get the brunt of the blame - and its been like this for at least the last 24 years so they obviously don't give a shit about its condition or any damage it causes