What's the most you've ever spent on a CD?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    If we're counting presents we didn't buy ourselves, I have the Chris Rea 'Blue Guitars' 11-CD/DVD/book box set… but I genuinely don't know how expensive it was, although I imagine it was more expensive than Songs Of Freedom.

Since I have a rather relevant birthday coming up I might have mentioned the 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper reissue in passing too, but I said I'd be happy with the standard double CD. We will see :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    £35 on an All About Eve CD from Japan. I wasn't some kind of completist collector. I just wanted the regular album I'd had on tape on CD, but couldn't find a UK copy anywhere. So ended up buying one from Japan on Ebay.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    £35 on an All About Eve CD from Japan. I wasn't some kind of completist collector. I just wanted the regular album I'd had on tape on CD, but couldn't find a UK copy anywhere. So ended up buying one from Japan on Ebay.
    Did you have to pay customs?  
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    No I think it slipped through marked as a gift.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28678
    I got the full Beatles remaster box set when that came out (2008-ish?), though that was a gift.

Can't think of anything else I've spent signficant money on for me, though I did get the Goodbye Babylon set for MrsF a few years ago. Lovely wooden box and authentic cotton from the fields the songs developed in.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3129
    Zeppelin Box set 1 & 2. Although I paid 16.49 for Amorica by the Black Crowes from Virgin because I had to have it on release day. Robbery!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

No I think it slipped through marked as a gift.
    that wasn't so bad.  

I got the full Beatles remaster box set when that came out (2008-ish?), though that was a gift.

Can't think of anything else I've spent signficant money on for me, though I did get the Goodbye Babylon set for MrsF a few years ago. Lovely wooden box and authentic cotton from the fields the songs developed in.

That looks amazing!  I've never seen a boxed CD so well presented.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491

Not a CD but when I used to DJ I paid just under 100 quid for a single sided acetate that wasn't going to be released. Good tune though!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5406
    I've paid £5 for album that are now £200 but never spent huge sums on any.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5406
    My vinyl copy of live loud alive still has a price sticker on it. 75 krona. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reverend said:
    My vinyl copy of live loud alive still has a price sticker on it. 75 krona. 
    Mine is out for delivery today!  Can't wait to get it!

ROCK N ROLL CRAZY NIGHTS YOU ARE THE HERRROOOOOOOOOEES TONIGHTT!!!!
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    CDs here in Australia are generally very expensive no matter what you're buying!!

I think the most expensive I've bought was probably $30. 

I don't think I would really pay any more than that for a CD to be honest! I think the most expensive I've ever seen include the first Budgie album, there was a new sealed copy I saw of that the other day in JB Hi Fi (which for the British among us is a cross between HMV, PC World and Comet/similar) for $48

And I've also seen an Eric Sardinas album for $52 in the same store...

Crazy!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1914
    I think I paid about £18 for Zaireeka by The Flaming Lips. It was their 4cd album where the discs are to be played concurrently. Waited for ages for the price to drop below silly money. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2524

About €80, I think, for Princess' self-titled debut on behalf of a mate who's bonkers about Stock Aitken Waterman.

Shaun Baxter got his big start as her guitarist promoting this record, including a Top of the Pops appearance.

For my own use and with my own money, probably something like £25 per CD including shipping on fusion/shred nerd stuff like the Garsed/Helmerich albums or Blues Saraceno's debut.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1058
    £16.99 from virgin near Liverpool St. Station.  It was Dream Theaters album Train Of Thought.
    Same Loudness CD is £46 on Amazon....  :(

I just bought their 1992 album Loudness for £23, but I have to wait for it to come in stock.  

DLM said:

About €80, I think, for Princess' self-titled debut on behalf of a mate who's bonkers about Stock Aitken Waterman.

Shaun Baxter got his big start as her guitarist promoting this record, including a Top of the Pops appearance.

For my own use and with my own money, probably something like £25 per CD including shipping on fusion/shred nerd stuff like the Garsed/Helmerich albums or Blues Saraceno's debut.

that Garsed Helmerich album Quid Pro Quo is amazing.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2524
    ^^^Wis'd! :)