SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS 2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD (Price Drop)

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
edited February 2015 in Guitars £
Long time followers of my guitar turmoil will possibly recall that I've wrangled with selling this monster on more than one occasion but i've never been able to do it.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/MyTyler1.jpg

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/MyTyler3.jpg
(library shots of it when Guitarguitar were selling it new)

New shot of it captured today in the late summer Glasgow sun !

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD/2014-09-11113334_zps60069ce7.jpg

Back shot, thank heavens it's the same colour front & back !

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD/2014-09-11113832_zps0805aedc.jpg

Detail of a small paint chip missing at the junction of neck & body on the lower cutaway

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD/2014-09-11113654_zps784a9893.jpg

BUT a few years have rolled on since the last time, and much as it remains far and away the best Strat type guitar I've ever played I do find myself increasingly playing my 535, and now I suspect my recently acquired LP Jr, and given the amount I do play I've got too many guitars lying about so maybe it's time this time.

It's a 2005 model Tyler Studio Elite Hollow but remarkable for being made of Ash rather than the Mamyo wood that James ususally uses for the Hollow models.

It has the Tyler 59 back profile neck which I believe starts at 0.86" at the nut. It's beautiful, it's a nice chunky handful without being a real lump, and really nicely rolled fingerboard edges.
It's actually the thing that drew me to the guitar and I must confess that I've found a neck that's verrry similar to stick on a future Partscaster so that i don't feel it's loss too acutely

Pickups are JTS2500's neck & mid and in a change from the Nickel covered TB-4 in the pics there's now a double black F-spaced Catswhisker Classic 72 in the bridge position. Didn't like the TB-4, it didn't seem to take any account of the guitar it was mounted on, I feel the Catswhisker suits the guitar much better bit less 'shouty' bit more open & with better note definition.

Controls are a Master Vol, Master Tone, Mid Boost level & Mid Boost on off switch as well as a normal 5 way pickup selector..

Sperzel lockers at one end after which the strings pass over a Feline guitars fitted Graphite nut en route to a Wilkinson two post trem with bent type saddles.

It comes in a black G&G case hard case,

I do also have a grey pearloid SSS pickguard & backplate which you can have, useful if you want to try out a different pickup set. I've never fitted it but I bought it with the intention of using it as a template for a new pickguard without having to remove the standard one.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/lorddonricci/2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD/2014-09-11114052_zps5a56f778.jpg

Link to the album of pics (the shots with a double black humbucker are the new ones)

http://s526.photobucket.com/user/lorddonricci/library/2005 Tyler Studio Elite Hollow HD

I'm asking £1600 for it. It's a fair chunk of change but I think it's a good price. I could've put it up for more than that and then haggled but that's the price I want so I figure why pussy foot around

The folly of trying to flog a slightly esoteric Strat type for £1600 in the current market isn't lost on me but on the upside I'm in the rare (for me) position of not screamong for the the cash so if it doesn't sell it's not like the kids will go without shoes.

EDIT:

Right, just had a 'moment of clarity' at the checkout in Sainsburys....

Posting this guitar fully insured to a value of 2k anywhere in the UK by WeDeliverTheWorld is £60.
I'll chuck in free delivery in the UK or I'll discount the price if you can come & collect in Glasgow..
 Come on people !

Trades ? you ask

Well I'm pretty much sorted for guitars but I'd possibly go part ex for a fat necked Strat as long as I still had at least 1k in folding as well !

And actually, if @BrandX's dad were to be looking to move on his pinkburst 94 Albert Lee well, that would do it ;-)
And if you were in the rare position of having either a DAG Telstar or an LSL mongrel (the more stratty one as opposed to the more Tele one), well then I'd be listening !

So anyone fancy pretending they're an LA Studio ace ? :-)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    trades @DrBob?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    welshboyo said:
    trades @DrBob?
    I'm going to say probably not as the only reason I'm thinking of selling is that I've got too many guitars that don't get played.

That said you could always make the offer ;-)
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836

pm'd

• Fuuuuuuuu

Well I never thought you'd do it

Still I suppose there's plenty of time for you to change your mind mate, it's barely 2 hours since you posted it ;-)

Fuuuuuuuu

Still I suppose there's plenty of time for you to change your mind mate, it's barely 2 hours since you posted it ;-)
    Au contraire mon frere, I'm in a very calm place on this one..
  • Cracking guitar DrB and very keenly priced to sell,
    hope you sell it and someone gets themselves a 
    cool piece
  • DrBob;161934" said:
    Travisthedog said:

Fuuuuuuuu

Until tomorrow

Sorry mate !!
    DrBob;161934" said:
    Travisthedog said:

Fuuuuuuuu

Until tomorrow

Sorry mate !!
    You say that but I'm already considering a plan B where I pull this sale, flog the Telstar AND the new Strat project. Buy a new set of more 'Stratty' pickups for the Tyler & call it done...

Hmmmm
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's more like the bob we know and love
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

That's more like the bob we know and love
    I've just given you a wisdom for that...

Git..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for the weekend crowd
    Apologies for not having got any fresh pics up yet !
    But, any takers for this Californian Hot Rod ?
  • Nice!
  • Where are you?
  • He's in Surrey dude
    Where are you?
    Hey mate, thanks for your interest, but in the intervening fortnight the Ebb & Flow of GAS sees this guitar very much back in the fold. So it would take a fair offer to prise it from my hands

Cheers

Rob
  • *resists*
    Travisthedog;174977" said:
    *resists*
    Mate, you might think it's funny but imagine being me ? I have to live inside this head !
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3668
    Trade for Vigier bfoot in sparkle black?
    Blimey @georgenadaintl that's one hell of a thread resurrection, to be honest, with the changes in my world that are currently happening, much as this is without question the benchmark by which all other guitars are judged I would sell it if the  price was right as I need to do some really mundane stuff like buy my own car etc trades aren't really of interest