Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• wow i dont even need the neve console but at that price!

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited December 2020
    A small update, the Plugin Alliance voucher can be used one more time if you've already used it.

MEGA-SALE-20OFF

(NO minimum spend)

All offers end December 31, 11:59 PM California Time
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    Freebird said:
    A small update, the Plugin Alliance voucher can be used one more time if you've already used it.

MEGA-SALE-20OFF

(NO minimum spend)

All offers end December 31, 11:59 PM California Time
    It only let me use the voucher once
    edited December 2020
    revsorg said:
    It only let me use the voucher once
    The email arrived at 8.42am and included the following info:

Use Your $20 Voucher. Again! Your Voucher has been reset for the 2nd time!

MEGA-SALE-20OFF (Again, NO Minimum Spend!)

------------------------------------------

THE RULES, PLEASE READ

You may use this voucher (MEGA-SALE-20OFF) again during checkout! Your code can be used one more time, from now on!

All offers end December 31, 11:59 PM California Time ->

We have reset this code for everybody at 0:01 December 30, California time. If you have used it before that time you may use it AGAIN!

Sorry, but no..! If you haven't used the code so far, you cannot use the code twice (2x) now. But you can still use it 1x, of course. Code is valid until December 31, 11:59 PM California Time.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Free plug in an exciter called Fresh Air http://slatedigital.com/ limited offer.
    Don't touch that dial.
    edited January 2021
    Plugin Alliance are giving away channel 2 of the Ampeg SVT VR. Check your email for details if you are already signed up.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/ampeg_svtvr_classic.html
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Freebird said:
    Plugin Alliance are giving away channel 2 of the Ampeg SVT VR. Check your email for details if you are already signed up.

I came here to post this :-) 
    roberty said:
    Freebird said:

Have you tried it yet? It should come in handy alongside one of the Amp Sims.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Freebird said:
    roberty said:
    Freebird said:

Have you tried it yet? It should come in handy alongside one of the Amp Sims.
    I've used the UAD Brainworx one which I assume is the same. Yes it is an absolute beast
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222

Some decent sounds geared towards virtual orchestration/composing for $3. I got it and can confirm they are pretty good. Might be useful to someone. 
  • PerrygoroundPerrygoround Frets: 35
    edited February 2021
    IK Multimedia Black 76 Free here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    IK Multimedia Black 76 Free here:

Have used this (and the free Ampeg a few posts back) on some mixes this week, both fantastic. 

One thing to note with the T-Racks Black 76 - it installs the whole T Racks CS suite, so your plug-in library is filled with extra IK plugins, but they need paying for (or a 14 day free trial activating) to be used. Mildly annoying to get a 2gb download for one freebie, but the Black 76 is worth the hassle!
  • The Ampeg is the dogs danglies
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 631
    SSL crazy price reduction (from an ultra crazy high price admittedly). Channel strip and Bus comp.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/sslupgrade?fbclid=IwAR1lK-2KY-MBoxHlQOBHXSpAWKofP_L58kjI-uFnBThvPHMkrq1g0U0dj-A
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3653
    darius said:
    SSL crazy price reduction (from an ultra crazy high price admittedly). Channel strip and Bus comp.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/sslupgrade?fbclid=IwAR1lK-2KY-MBoxHlQOBHXSpAWKofP_L58kjI-uFnBThvPHMkrq1g0U0dj-A
    I've just purchased it after seeing the link on the SoS forum.  I've only tried it for 5 min before nipping out but well worth £50 (although I wouldn't have been too impressed at the full price).  It's the sort of effect that, when you can hear it, it means that you've gone too far.

Musicwolf said:
    darius said:

I've just purchased it after seeing the link on the SoS forum.  I've only tried it for 5 min before nipping out but well worth £50 (although I wouldn't have been too impressed at the full price).  It's the sort of effect that, when you can hear it, it means that you've gone too far.

Do you mean the Channel strip or the Bus comp?
     I’ve managed to slowly build up my collection of the SSL plugins by waiting for them to be free or big discounts. 2 were free with the SSL2 interface. not sure I need the channel strip, I guess it would be used for mainly vocal inputs? and I’ve got all the stuff on it in separate plugins already. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3653
    darius said:
    Musicwolf said:
    darius said:

I’ve managed to slowly build up my collection of the SSL plugins by waiting for them to be free or big discounts. 2 were free with the SSL2 interface. not sure I need the channel strip, I guess it would be used for mainly vocal inputs? and I’ve got all the stuff on it in separate plugins already. 
    @darius ;   I bought the Native Essential Bundle (channel strip and bus compressor), price £47.99, thinking that I'd only really have use for the compressor.  I very quickly tried the comp on the master bus of a mix I'd been working on, set it up so that I wasn't just hearing a difference in level, and thought - subtle but nice.  Happy with that for less than £50 and I look forward to getting to grips with it later.  Then I tried the channel strip on the vocal and, within a minute, I was sold on it.

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    darius said:
    Musicwolf said:
    darius said:

I have the Waves SSL E Channel strip, not the actual SSL version, but it pretty much gets inserted on every channel as a starting point for me. The EQ is great and the expander/gate and channel comp are both very useable. I prefer a console-style workflow of actually having the basic processing to grab at on every channel without having to pick out plugins every time for the basics, and it does that neatly in one plugin that isn't too heavy on the CPU. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike257 said:
    darius said:
    Musicwolf said:
    darius said:

I have the Waves SSL E Channel strip, not the actual SSL version, but it pretty much gets inserted on every channel as a starting point for me. The EQ is great and the expander/gate and channel comp are both very useable. I prefer a console-style workflow of actually having the basic processing to grab at on every channel without having to pick out plugins every time for the basics, and it does that neatly in one plugin that isn't too heavy on the CPU. 

For my low level home recording stuff, I use the SSL Vocalstrip but only in post. I put very little on the tracking input, always worried I'll filter out stuff! So not sure how often I would actually print while running a channel strip on the input.
    Hmmm.

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    The benefit of a channel strip is that you can work fast, because you learn how to use it to the point that you know how to get what you want from it.

Sometimes there'll be a graphic design choice or something about how it works that gets in your way - example being the BX Focusrite channel strip - I really loved the idea of it and really wanted to like it... but the knob layout and colour scheme gets in my way when I'm trying to use it - I need to think about things. And the high shelf does half the db change it says it's doing, and the filters sound too severe at the corner frequencies I'd pick as a starting point... so I don't use it.

On the other hand, the BX Neve it like having a helping hand. I know where everything is, and when I hear something I want to change I can turn the knobs straight to where I think the problem is, swipe the mouse in one direction or the other, and it's problem solved, move on. It's a tool that I can use quickly and effectively.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom