Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Soundtoys sale on. I just got the whole suite for 228 quid. 
    Some individual plugins for as little as $29
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Soundtoys are great, love echoboy and echoboy jr and decapitator
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I used the soundtoys effect rack for the first time yesterday on a master. Yep, it sounds v good - started with the master mojo preset, tweaked that before going into Ozone and it's added a subtle but noticeable fat sparkle, almost like a bit of sizzle to the master. Sounds great.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Soundtoys are great, love echoboy and echoboy jr and decapitator
    Nice company too, they do quite a lot to raise money for good causes, including ones outside of the US. 
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    Anyone got the lp-64 eq plug in vst for Windows? 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    I've been running around like a fool wondering what big fancy reverb pedal to get, but instead yesterday hooked up to the laptop and went through some of the plugins I have which more than do what I was initially looking for.

Eventide have a sale so bought the Blackhole and Spring Reverb. So far so good.

Also Valhalla have some great free plugins as well. One with more modulation and weirdness than you'll ever need.

Also, I got some dub style reverb and other free oddities from Audio Damage (Dubstation and Ratshack reverb)
  • I've been running around like a fool wondering what big fancy reverb pedal to get, but instead yesterday hooked up to the laptop and went through some of the plugins I have which more than do what I was initially looking for.

Eventide have a sale so bought the Blackhole and Spring Reverb. So far so good.

Also Valhalla have some great free plugins as well. One with more modulation and weirdness than you'll ever need.

Also, I got some dub style reverb and other free oddities from Audio Damage (Dubstation and Ratshack reverb)

This is topical for me. I have just got a Strymon DIG and all my experimentation with it over the last day or so has lead me to strongly believe that I have better sounding plugins. It's a great pedal. So are the many others that I've compared to my plugins, but nothing has beating the plugins I'm using.

And yes, the Eventide and Valhalla bunch are superb, too.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    I have the paid Valhalla Reverb and Delay plugins as well. Probably way more than enough with the Eventide stuff I have as well.
    A bit more time with Soundtoys stuff. Over riding thing for me - they just sound so good. Somehow, every one of those effects has a natural sound to them, v impressed.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Snap said:
    A bit more time with Soundtoys stuff. Over riding thing for me - they just sound so good. Somehow, every one of those effects has a natural sound to them, v impressed.
    The plate reverb is amazing. So simple and just seems to sound good wherever you set the controls. I assign a foot pedal to the decay time and ride it and it gives the most beautiful freeze effect. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Snap said:
    Soundtoys programmers are ex-Eventide, so you would expect them to be good at what they do.
    Most of their plugins are very old now too- we had that level of quality about 15 years ago.
    I've been using them since they started- one of my favourite plugin companies.

Eventide are killing it too- I have everything they make in plugin format and a H9000.
    I can't really tell the difference in the native plugin algorithms and the hardware box, which costs as much as a car.
  • You can get the Traks Comprexxor for free if you fill in a two minute survey on Ik Multimedia’s site. Neat Distressor plug-in. 
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    edited August 2022
    Looks like Neural DSP are at it again. Just had a “coming soon” email for a new amp plugin. Outline of head looks like Dumble Overdrive Special???? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w2ubx9j6zai26a/unnamed.jpg?raw=1
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    You can get the Traks Comprexxor for free if you fill in a two minute survey on Ik Multimedia’s site. Neat Distressor plug-in. 
    Thanks.  Link for those interested - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13114 ;
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2022
    MikeB said:
    Looks like Neural DSP are at it again. Just had a “coming soon” email for a new amp plugin. Outline of head looks like Dumble Overdrive Special???? 

I thought 'The Amp Snob' in 'Archetype: Cory Wong' was based on a Dumble.
    It's not a competition.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7284
    Hmm wonder who they got next...may w the dude from spirit box?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    New Neural DSP plugin premiers today on the tube. 

• dariusdarius Frets: 632
    MikeB said:
    New Neural DSP plugin premiers today on the tube. 

Rabea!
    Was inevitable of course. Interesting take on things, more about the addons not the amp.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    I just can't get excited by the Neural approach ... they initially sound like they'll be really flexible but they aren't.  Very expensive (compared to other modelling software) for what you get.  And seem to utterly abuse processor load.  And you can't use the FX from one with the Amps from another so if you want that you're running 2 with elements turned off ...

I guess if one did what you want, that's great.  But if you start buying Abasi, Plini, Cory Wong and Rabea to get a wide range of tones, than parallax for bass, you're looking at £600!

When Helix Native is £300, Amplitube is £240, BIAS is £350 ....

Yes, the Neural stuff sounds decent but is it enough better (in a mix) to be worth spending nearly double the amount to get a lot less choice.  I get it if you find one that works and that's it ... but maybe that's just me. (It almost certainly is, they seem to be doing quite weel)
  • There appears to be a very good discount on FM8 at pluginboutique at the moment.

It's not a competition.