Oil City Pickups: Joe Barden ... the rewind from hell!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9983
    tFB Trader
    prowla said:
    JB pickups are weird things - the Rickenbacker bass ones require you to dismantle your existing pickups (which means cutting wires on one of them) to use as the mounts for theirs; given the price of the things, you'd think they'd include the fittings with them!
    Just posted the new rewind. 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1254
    prowla said:
    JB pickups are weird things - the Rickenbacker bass ones require you to dismantle your existing pickups (which means cutting wires on one of them) to use as the mounts for theirs; given the price of the things, you'd think they'd include the fittings with them!
    Possibly down to John Hall’s well documented policy of legally stomping anyone who produces anything which looks remotely like anything to do with any Rickenbacker product?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9983
    tFB Trader
    JayGee said:
    prowla said:
    Possibly down to John Hall’s well documented policy of legally stomping anyone who produces anything which looks remotely like anything to do with any Rickenbacker product?
    I would have said pretty much certainly that ...
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom