Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hello from a newbie

What's Hot
I am a somewhat disenchanted Chapman guitars forum member. Same user name and all that. Besides the hero worshipping towards Chappers and his guitars  (I believe Chappers isn't a bad bloke) I'm just a bit fed up with the way that the forum being is run.
So now I'm making this my new home (if that's alright?) :)

Now to get the blind date style blurb out of the way

33 year old bloke from Bristol, I've been playing since I was 13. Studied music at college yadda yadda. I love all sorts of music (from IDM, SYL to Wu tang) But I have a fondness for Jazz, blues, folk and classical music these days. Still like the odd rock band. Allan Holdsworth is my favourite guitarist, guy continues to blow my mind. I dont have a gigging band atm, but I am looking to rectify that shortly.

Now for the juicy bit, gear I own currently includes

Vox Lil nightrain head and 10inch cab (home noodling amp)
Fender Blues Deluxe combo
Wampler SloStortion, Wampler Ecstasy, Carl Martin Two Faze, Danelectro 18v chorus, TC Flashback, EB Volume pedal, modded Vox USA V847 Wah. all powered by a pedal power 2 plus.
Geetars- Old Yamaha APX4A, 1998 Gibson SG standard signed by Allan Holdsworth, Tokai ES130 and my latest squeeze a PRS DGT 10 top with birds.

So that's it, look forward to a bs free future :)

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ahoy-hoy. Welcome :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374

Welcome to our mad world. I don't think you'll find much in the way of Chapper's hero worship on here :) 
    Lots of good eggs on here with plenty of help and advice whe you need it (and opinions when you don't ;) )

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Felicitations.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited February 2014

Wotcha fella.

Looking for a BS free future? Optimist.........

I believe you need to put up pics of you guitars, pedal board and fill in the questionnaire.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Hello Doc' & welcome
  • welcome. I'm a member of the chappers forum as well and although i don't use it nearly as much as i visit here (undoubtedly this forum is a million miles more helpful and less specific) I'm kinda surprised by your comments. i think they are ok kinda guys. 

hey ho! welcome on board
    How very rock and roll
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited February 2014
    Welcome.  
    welcome. I'm a member of the chappers forum as well i think they are ok kinda guys. 

DrJazzTap, I hope is wasn't Ben you were trying to get away from?!!!!  Just kiddin'.  :D
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Hullo :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28425
    Welcome.

Now go and get all your old mates from that other place and bring 'em over.

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • vizviz Frets: 11026
    All right.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Welcome :)

• You can check out any time you want........but you can never leave.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @DrJazzTap alright, 'bor! (friendly greeting where I come from)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Thanks guys, I have just commented in the "show me yours" discussion. The only thing I don't have a photo of is the APX4A, it's in a garage atm (yes I know). But please do feel free to check em out!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    You can check out any time you want........but you can never leave.
    But flouncing is always an option ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Hello!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    Welcome.  
    welcome. I'm a member of the chappers forum as well i think they are ok kinda guys. 

DrJazzTap, I hope is wasn't Ben you were trying to get away from?!!!!  Just kiddin'.  :D

Haha not that I know! Nah mainly checking out pastures new atm. A lot of good guys on that forum, but yes you know what it's like at times.

• Hahaha
    How very rock and roll
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Hi, and welcome to TheFB.  I'm also a member of that other forum, but don't really post anything, I do read a lot though.  ;).